DigiSlate is a modern, free digital slate / clapperboard for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. DigiSlate uses either a swipe across the board or the volume buttons on your device to clap the board. This allows you to keep your hands well out of the way when the slate claps. DigiSlate uses the whole screen for the clappers for easier sync on smaller devices.
- Full screen clapper board - works great on smaller phones for easier sync in post
- NEW! Music Mode (in-app purchase) syncs music from your local library or right from your inbox and changes speed in real-time!
- NEW! Counts in frames and supports regular and drop frame timecodes... or enter your own
- Save and Load Slates - re-entering details for different shoots is history
- Swipe across or use the volume buttons to clap the board
- Double tap the text on the board to edit the slate
- Drag up and down (or double tap) on Slate, Roll, Scene, Take, FPS and Camera to change
- Two finger drag up and down on Scene for USA format (4A, $B, 4C etc)
- Date and Time come straight from your device so no need to enter manually
- Take will go green to indicate that the board has been clapped, and can auto-increment
- Choose either a traditional black slate or white clapperboard
- Time of day, shoot time (to 1/100th second) for reference or Scene Name L.E.D. style display. Now shows Shoot Timecode as well.
- 4 different sounds for sync - Clap, Beep (1kHz tone), White Noise or Pip (1 frame 1khz tone for SyncOne2 and Multi-Camera sync checking
- Sync Mode for Multi-Cam shoots or general audio video sync checking
- Auto Take auto-increments the Take each clap the board
- Triple Clap option to clap the slate 3 times for easier sync in noisy environments
No more fiddling around with small on-screen buttons or awkward user interfaces - DigiSlate is easy to use even on the smaller display of an iPhone/iPod Touch and looks fantastic on the larger screen of your iPad and simply stunning on the iPad Pro.
DigiSlate is the free digital clapperboard you've been waiting for.
- Tracks in the DigiSlate Inbox in Music Mode can now be deleted by swiping.
- User Guide available as a PDF on the Settings Screen to view, share and print.
- More time to evaluate the amazing Music Mode In-App-Purchase
- Drop frame time codes are now properly displayed with ; between seconds and frames to indicate the drop frame timecode
- 29.97 DF and 59.94 DF is now correctly calculated as a percentage for Music Mode
- Bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Nice and easy, can’t beat the price. One small feature request…
Diggin’ the app! It’s nice and easy to set up, does what it’s supposed to without a bunch of unnecessary fluff, and it’s a bargain.
FEATURE REQUEST: I’d love to be able to edit the names of the SLATE / ROLL / SCENE / TAKE fields. Currently I put sticky notes over those spots so I remember what they are, but I’d love to be able to type my own names in there. Could that be done?
Thanks for the update 👍🏼 This is a great app keep up the good work
Please add rotation for the screen
One thing that’s frustrating about this app for me is every time I grab my iPhone I’m always holding it in the wrong orientation please add the ability for it to flip
I like holding it with the home button in my right hand while editing my DigiSlate info but then it’s upside down :/
Now has ads
One star because the app developer somehow conveniently forgot to mention anywhere in the description - or in the most recent update - that the app now has ads. What about those of us who had the app beforehand?
Making and maintaining this app continues to take many days of my time. Ads help contribute a little towards that time, and can be removed for less than the cost of a cup of coffee. Thank you for understanding.
- Peter Rolls
- 9.5 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2014-2018 Rolls Limited
- In-App Purchases
- Remove Ads $1.99
- Music Mode $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.