Digits, the calculator for humans
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get organized! Conquer numbers on the go.
*** To our loyal users: We're got great news! A major Digits update is in the works! ***
We're human. We're busy. We make mistakes. So we designed a calculator for humans, from the ground up. Digits combines the edit-ability of a spreadsheet with the simplicity of calculator. Dare we say it? Digits is a calculator a human can love.
So, why do so many humans love Digits? Its uniquely correctable tape means never worrying if you entered a calculation correctly. Make a mistake? Tap any entry on the tape to correct it (or edit, insert, copy and more). Then, add a label/comment and email or print the tape.
Digits is great for:
• Adding up expenses, labeling and emailing them
• Doing a quick calculation and being able to double-check and correct entries with ease
• Entering a long series of calculations and then emailing it to yourself for import into Numbers or Excel
• Quickly calculating a couple scenarios by editing any previous entry to automatically update the total
• Easily creating a grand total from a number of previous calculations with flagging
• Keeping a series of short calculations available for later reference
• Sharing via email, printed output or by files.
• EASY: perfect for a quick calculation, powerful enough for pages of them.
• MADE FOR iPad: uses the whole iPad display to leave cramped buttons behind.
• MADE FOR iPhone: all of the iPad features on an interface designed just for iPhone.
• TAPE: never lose track of what you've entered.
• PRINT: print-quality output with AirPrint (where available).
• SHARE: Use iTunes File Sharing to backup and share .digits tape files to other Digits Calculator users and your other iOS devices.
• EMAIL: tap to email your tape.
• COMMENTING: label any item in your tape and include comments in tape emails.
• CORRECTIONS: make edits and inserts to previous calculations at any time!
• SIMPLE TAPE STRUCTURE: one calculation on each tape line means quick one-touch access for edits.
• AUTOSAVE: holds your calculations and tape in place for the next time you return.
• RUNNING TOTAL: always displays the total above so you can focus on what you're entering.
• CUSTOMIZABLE: a wide arrange of settings, including currency mode, sound and background color! ;-)
To see a video Digits in action on both iPhone and iPad, click the Shift Web Site link below!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
Featured on the iTunes App Store "What's Hot" list
"It works nicely, and it looks good" - Gizmodo
"this is the one that will remain on my iPad" - Clint
"there is no better designed calculator for the iPad" - Tinathir
"Perfect" - lryan
"Digits blows them all away. And it's a pleasure to use... Digits is a steal! Just buy it!" - Mr. Reeee
"It really is the best calculator for the iPad" - Arillius
"Just got the new iPad. This amazing device has already revolutionized the way I use a calculator" - Conan
What's New in Version 2.2.1
_ Minor cosmetic updates
Great Calculator App with Unique Hook
There are lots of calculator apps on the App Store. I've tried a bunch of them. There isn't much to separate most of them apart from visual styling of their buttons and layout; whether they offer a scientific mode or not; or if they have a memory tape feature.
Digits doesn't have a scientific mode, but it does offer a memory tape with a killer bonus feature that makes it stand out in the crowd — you can save, edit and annotate the tape record, and changes to the running calculations contained therein are updated immediately. This makes Digits super-easy for making up documents such as a simple financial assets statement or household budget, which you can save, archive, and copy from to update with current values on a regular basis.
(If you are looking for a good calculator with scientific features, "CalcBot" is nice, and includes the oft-requested conversion tables as well. Carpenters and students might want to check out "Fraction Calculator Plus" as it makes entry of calculations involving fractions super easy.)
Great for estimating
Digits is simple enough to gain a quick grasp of the functionality and put it to use within a few minutes. I suppose this also has to do with the thoughtful layout of the interface. In my opinion an app should get to the point with the least amount of fuss and learning and Digits does this very well. The ability to review, annotate and alter your calculations is very useful for estimating and record keeping, add to that the ability to email the marked up receipt to others and it is very convenient. I use it on iPad and the size is perfect, but I could see the complaint that the receipt is to small on iPhone. Smart phones are limited as to how productive they are for work anyways.
I recommend this. I've been using this calculator for at least a year. I've got bad eyesight and very short memory. So I like the big display and ability to annotate line items. Then save a copy of an annotated calculation in Evernote. The ability to name and save multiple tapes is has been helpful from time to time, too. Will keep using. Giving it 4 stars because I think it has many helpful features that are too time consuming for me to figure out. Takes too much clicking around to figure out the other features I haven't used yet. Would be great if developer added a units conversion module. So I could convert between ounces and grams, imperial and metric, for example within this calculator. I'd pay a little extra for that.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shift
- © Copyright 2010-2016 Joshua Distler and Shift. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.