Digits, the calculator for humans
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Get organized! Conquer numbers on the go.
*DISCOUNTED FOR A LIMITED TIME*
We're human. We're busy. We make mistakes. So we designed a calculator for humans, from the ground up. Digits combines the edit-ability of a spreadsheet with the simplicity of calculator. Dare we say it? Digits is a calculator a human can love.
So, why do so many humans love Digits? Its uniquely correctable tape means never worrying if you entered a calculation correctly. Make a mistake? Tap any entry on the tape to correct it (or edit, insert, copy and more). Then, add a label/comment and email or print the tape.
Digits is great for:
• Adding up expenses, labeling and emailing them
• Doing a quick calculation and being able to double-check and correct entries with ease
• Entering a long series of calculations and then emailing it to yourself for import into Numbers or Excel
• Quickly calculating a couple scenarios by editing any previous entry to automatically update the total
• Easily creating a grand total from a number of previous calculations with flagging
• Keeping a series of short calculations available for later reference
• Sharing via email, printed output or by files.
• EASY: perfect for a quick calculation, powerful enough for pages of them.
• MADE FOR iPad: uses the whole iPad display to leave cramped buttons behind.
• MADE FOR iPhone: all of the iPad features on an interface designed just for iPhone.
• TAPE: never lose track of what you've entered.
• PRINT: print-quality output with AirPrint (where available).
• SHARE: Use iTunes File Sharing to backup and share .digits tape files to other Digits Calculator users and your other iOS devices.
• EMAIL: tap to email your tape.
• COMMENTING: label any item in your tape and include comments in tape emails.
• CORRECTIONS: make edits and inserts to previous calculations at any time!
• SIMPLE TAPE STRUCTURE: one calculation on each tape line means quick one-touch access for edits.
• AUTOSAVE: holds your calculations and tape in place for the next time you return.
• RUNNING TOTAL: always displays the total above so you can focus on what you're entering.
• CUSTOMIZABLE: a wide arrange of settings, including currency mode, sound and background color! ;-)
To see a video Digits in action on both iPhone and iPad, click the Shift Web Site link below!
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING:
Featured on the iTunes App Store "What's Hot" list
"It works nicely, and it looks good" - Gizmodo
"this is the one that will remain on my iPad" - Clint
"there is no better designed calculator for the iPad" - Tinathir
"Perfect" - lryan
"Digits blows them all away. And it's a pleasure to use... Digits is a steal! Just buy it!" - Mr. Reeee
"It really is the best calculator for the iPad" - Arillius
"Just got the new iPad. This amazing device has already revolutionized the way I use a calculator" - Conan
What's New in Version 2.2.1
_ Minor cosmetic updates
This is the calculator to trust
I love calculators. However, I am not a math genius and rarely have the need for complex calculations. But even with most basic calculus, your calculator has to be one you trust will comeback with correct answers for whatever you throw at it. And Digits is the only one I trust, period.
See, I’ve tried a number of other calculators ... Calbot, Soulver , Apple’s own, and more, to name a few. How do they do? Well, let’s see. They all comeback with the wrong answer with the most basic of calculations. If you have any of these (or other calculators) do this operation (don’t execute until the last entry): 8 + 12 x 2 = 32. That’s wrong! It should be 40! Let’s do another operation: 20 + 30 x 10% = 23. Wrong again! It should be 5! Now do the same operations with Digits, and you will get the correct calculation, 40 and 5 respectively. And this is why it is the only one I trust.
Great for estimating
Digits is simple enough to gain a quick grasp of the functionality and put it to use within a few minutes. I suppose this also has to do with the thoughtful layout of the interface. In my opinion an app should get to the point with the least amount of fuss and learning and Digits does this very well. The ability to review, annotate and alter your calculations is very useful for estimating and record keeping, add to that the ability to email the marked up receipt to others and it is very convenient. I use it on iPad and the size is perfect, but I could see the complaint that the receipt is to small on iPhone. Smart phones are limited as to how productive they are for work anyways.
It's an easy to use, straightforward calculator with probably the most helpful feature that really makes it special to me - Tape. It has a tape feature that allows me to follow what I've been calculating. Not only that, but I can also quickly add labels to specific entries, modify entries, even email the tape... It helps me produce budget checklists better than complicated accounting/budget apps specifically designed for budgeting because all too often aspects of my budget change frequently.
I also like the option to customize the app's appearance. It's even fun!
Thank you for a great app.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 24, 2013
- Version: 2.2.1
- Size: 3.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Shift
- © Copyright 2010-2013 Joshua Distler and Shift. All rights reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.