By William Kautter
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DINER JUKEBOX is a fun and nostalgic alternative music player for your iTunes library on your iPad. Diner Jukebox gives you access to your entire music collection with an interactive, authentic looking 1950's-era Seeburg Select-O-Matic jukebox. Drop a virtual quarter in the jukebox and it will illuminate, let you flip through the pages to view your library, and play your music (including your Playlists) using the same iOS Music player search and play controls that you're used to.
All Play for a Quarter mode lets you play your songs continuously, just like your iOS Music player does.
3 Plays for a Quarter mode lets you create one-time user queues, just like a real jukebox does. Create temporary 'playlists' on the fly by choosing 3 songs for every virtual quarter you drop (up to 12 songs at a time). Easily switch between modes by tapping the message display next to the coin slot.
Get Music button lets you list all the albums released by the artist currently playing. Tap an album in the list and you’re taken to iTunes, where you’ll see the songs on the album, and be allowed to make music purchases.
Lyrics button lets you view the lyrics to the song currently playing (only if you have previously attached the lyrics in iTunes). Important: Neither Diner Jukebox nor iTunes provide song lyrics. To view lyrics using Diner Jukebox, you must first attach them to your songs in iTunes, and then sync your iPad to your iTunes Music Library. Instructions for attaching lyrics to songs can be found in iTunes and in Diner Jukebox Help.
Now Playing button displays the song’s title, artist, album and genre information, and also a song progress bar.
Queue button displays your song list, highlighting the song currently playing, while in 3 Plays for a Quarter mode.
Diner Jukebox Help contains instructions for operating and troubleshooting the app.
SOUP UP YOUR DINER JUKEBOX WITH SPECIAL FEATURES!
The following special features are available as in-app purchases. Customize your Diner Jukebox by buying one or both of these fun add-ons:
Wurlitzer 5200 gives you a second beautiful jukebox model to play your music on.
Wallpaper gives you dozens of retro-styled background images to place behind your jukebox.
Note: If you accidentally delete Diner Jukebox from your iPad, just reinstall it and then you can easily restore your in-app purchases at no charge. See Diner Jukebox Help for instructions
What's New in Version 1.6
Updates for iOS 8 compatibility.
** Update ** Several Problems And Some Suggestions
Update - March 17, 2015
Latest update for IOS 8 broke app for IOS 6. Please fix !!!
- Sound effects? What sound effects? I've got them "On" but hear nothing when money is dropped in the slot or when the selection menu is advanced. ** Update ** >>> This function IS working. (If sound effects are not working for you, powerdown and restart your iPad.)
- Why can't the app remember to save my preferred settings after exiting the app? I'm constantly turning off the logo every time I restart the app. Annoying.
- The "play/pause" button often gets confused and won't stop the music. Even shutting the app down doesn't work. You have to get into Apple's native Music app to stop the music from playing!
- You definitely need to show the selected songs in a playlist and allow deletions and re-ordering. Yeah, a real jukebox can't do this, but this is expected today with any computer playlist.
Fix these problems and I'll be more inclined to purchase the extras. With some attention, this could be a great application.
Suggestions, to make this a "killer" app:
- Make the current song data persist and show the song"s length and remaining time.
- Pulse a pair of small background speakers in time with the music.
- Create a background bubble light effect with slow changing colors.
- Re-skin the chrome to show some scratches and age.
- Allow the user to locate songs by tapping up to three keys. This will help when users have a couple thousand songs.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Mar 16, 2015
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 15.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: William Kautter
- © William Kautter
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- Wurlitzer 5200$0.99