DinoTrek VR Experience is an immersive virtual reality experience showing what it might have been like to live during the time of the dinosaurs! It is designed for Google Cardboard, by Geomedia, Inc. and HIVE VR.
- DinoTrek VR is designed for mobile virtual reality headsets, specifically, Google Cardboard
- For the best virtual reality experience, use headphones
- DinoTrek VR allows a full 360-degree field of vision that tracks your head movement in a virtual reality plane.
- DinoTrek VR does not require a VR headset and can be experienced in widescreen.
- DinoTrek VR is meant to be displayed on an iPhone 6 / 6+.
- A scary, twilight / midnight version will be released as an unlockable feature in the next update.
- Options for Zeiss, Homido, Merge, and other head mounted virtual realitydevices is also coming in the next update.
Twilight mode added.
Stereography improved to add much more 3 dimensional viewing and immersion.
Ratings and Reviews
102 Seconds for $2
After the credits, the VR content takes exactly 104.3 seconds to experience. There's a day or night version of the same content. The iPhone 6 handles the rendering/frame rate pretty well, and the movement is relatively compelling. Of course, the movement is programmed, limiting the VR experience to angle/direction while in the first-person (er, dinosaur) perspective. Is a sub-2 minute experience worth it? All depends upon what you expect from an app. If you like apps that offer more than a 1 shot/episode experience, then the answer is pretty clear. If you're comfortable with a cheap thrill ride, then go for it.
Best game in the world
This is the best game or Video in the world, but I wish there was a little more don't get me wrong or anything I loved it a lot I just wish there was different content in the different time of days and a longer Video and maybe even a freeze frame part where u can look around and see everything that is going on and then u can like press a button to resume the tour
Great graphics… But no true 3-D
This has great graphics, but unfortunately a recent iOS update must've messed it up, because it now no longer rotates properly when you rotate your phone. Therefore, it no longer works in VR. Hope the developer fixes this someday, because it really was a great app.
- Geomedia, Inc.
- 498.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (11-inch), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Geomedia Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.