By Peak Systems
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Diptic helps you create and share beautiful photo collages.
• Mac App Store Best of 2012 and 2013
• Apple’s Editors' Choice
•Top 5 Photography App
• Import photos from iPhoto and Aperture. Use the Media section of the open dialog to browse your iPhoto and Aperture albums. Alternatively, you can drag and drop images from your favorite photo applications into the Diptic frame.
• Share Sheets: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more. (10.8+).
• High resolution export (max of 3072x3072), with option to choose JPG or PNG.
LAYOUTS AND BORDERS
• Choose from 75 layouts (one to nine photos in each layout).
• Customize your layouts to better fit your pictures by sliding interior frame lines.
• Create rectangular Diptics (great for printing) with the Aspect Ratio Slider.
• Round the inner and outer borders, as well as modify thickness and color, and apply background textures.
• Choose from14 filters, as well as adjust brightness, contrast, hue and color saturation.
• Personalize your Diptics with text captions.
OTHER SWEET FEATURES
• Save Projects. The “.dptc” file format lets you save your Diptic projects and come back to them later.
• Drag and drop pictures into frames, and swap photos between frames
• Multi-Touch: The UI reacts to gestures with your Magic Mouse or Trackpad.
• Full screen. Because sometimes you just want things to be huge.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• 19 new layouts! You can now combine up to nine photos in a layout.
• 14 filters.
• Text captions.
• Retina ready.
• 41 background textures.
• Select background color when rounded outside borders are turned on.
Follow us on Twitter (@Dipticapp) and Instagram (@Dipticapp). Hashtag: #Diptic
Great app - could use some optimization
This app does what it says. It’s simple, straight forward and has just enough features to do the job.
It could be improved (and get more stars) by improving the performance. It is pretty sluggish and produces some oddly large file sizes, multiples of the sizes of the photos in the collage. It would also be nice to have a little more control over page formatting basics like margins as it does a poor job of fitting the collage onto the paper.
Works as advertised. Feature suggestion: I would like to be able to select 1 photo have have the application split it into the various frames. I would definately like to be able to choose how many frames I want to utilize. The fixed number of frames is very limiting.
Simple, easy to create collages
It’s great, fast & easy. I needed to make a collage, and remembered it was a top seller on the app store. For 0.99, I thought it was worth testing. Turns out it’s fast and really easy to use. I’m quite impressed, as I was able to create & color correct a quick 3 photo collage much faster than I could in photoshop.