By Peak Systems
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Diptic helps you create and share beautiful photo collages.
• Mac App Store Best of 2012 and 2013
• Apple’s Editors' Choice
•Top 5 Photography App
• Import photos from iPhoto and Aperture. Use the Media section of the open dialog to browse your iPhoto and Aperture albums. Alternatively, you can drag and drop images from your favorite photo applications into the Diptic frame.
• Share Sheets: Share to Facebook, Twitter, Flickr and more. (10.8+).
• High resolution export (max of 3072x3072), with option to choose JPG or PNG.
LAYOUTS AND BORDERS
• Choose from 75 layouts (one to nine photos in each layout).
• Customize your layouts to better fit your pictures by sliding interior frame lines.
• Create rectangular Diptics (great for printing) with the Aspect Ratio Slider.
• Round the inner and outer borders, as well as modify thickness and color, and apply background textures.
• Choose from14 filters, as well as adjust brightness, contrast, hue and color saturation.
• Personalize your Diptics with text captions.
OTHER SWEET FEATURES
• Save Projects. The “.dptc” file format lets you save your Diptic projects and come back to them later.
• Drag and drop pictures into frames, and swap photos between frames
• Multi-Touch: The UI reacts to gestures with your Magic Mouse or Trackpad.
• Full screen. Because sometimes you just want things to be huge.
What's New in Version 2.0.1
• 19 new layouts! You can now combine up to nine photos in a layout.
• 14 filters.
• Text captions.
• Retina ready.
• 41 background textures.
• Select background color when rounded outside borders are turned on.
Follow us on Twitter (@Dipticapp) and Instagram (@Dipticapp). Hashtag: #Diptic
Great for creating photo collages and captioning photos on the fly.
I love the fact that I don’t have to jump into another application like Illustrator to create a simple photo collage or caption a photo, this app does all of that for you in the simplest and quickest way. I really enjoyed that.
The one thing I really do hope they incorporate in the next releases is the ability to control the width of the text box for long captions. The text sits inside a bounding box and the box has arrows to resize it, but if the text is a really long sentence then when you resize it it just resizes the text inside to a smaller font size but keeps the bounding box at the same width. It would be nice if the app was smart enough to adjust long text into multiple lines vertically to match the width that has been selected by the user. To go around this issue, I’ve had to basically eyeball the text box and hit enter at the end of each word that seems to lign up with the desired width that I’m looking for so that the text box actaully resizes to a smaller width.
I really do hope the dev team looks into this.
Otherwise a great app!
Better than PicFrame
I purchased Diptic becasue PicFrame wasn’t sufficient for me (on Mac OS X). Diptic, You can choose from TONS of layouts, adjust the aspect ratio to your choosing, a few options for image editing, and some text additions. I regret not buying this earlier because I dealt with having a tiny tiny border in between my collages even when the border width option was set at zero. Diptic removes borders entirely when set to lowest setting. The layout is also very neat. I am quite pleased with the options available given in this app.
Great app - could use some optimization
This app does what it says. It’s simple, straight forward and has just enough features to do the job.
It could be improved (and get more stars) by improving the performance. It is pretty sluggish and produces some oddly large file sizes, multiples of the sizes of the photos in the collage. It would also be nice to have a little more control over page formatting basics like margins as it does a poor job of fitting the collage onto the paper.