Dirac HD Player Lite
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Thinking of buying expensive earphones? Try this first! Dirac HD Player is an easy-to-use music player based on advanced technology that genuinely improves the sound from Apple’s original Earphones, EarPods and In-Ear Headphones.
- NO SOUND EFFECT, but instead tailored to control the acoustic properties of the original iPhone earphones – the only way to achieve a genuine improvement that causes less listening fatigue.
- NATURAL SOUND with increased clarity in music and voices. Deepens the bass, removes resonances and acoustic problems.
- NO COMPLICATED SETTINGS, select your earphone model and hear the difference by switching ON/OFF.
- USES THE USUAL SIMPLE FUNCTIONALY that you are accustomed to with your iPhone, while the optimization runs in the background.
Listen to music from your iTunes library with improved sound quality. The app is for everyone that wants better sound; no technical know-how is needed. Under the hood however, it uses technology normally used in some of the world’s best hifi, studio and cinema sound systems.
Due to physical constraints, it is impossible to design a perfect earphone solely with hardware components. Dirac’s audio scientists have made precise acoustic measurements of the original iPhone earphones, allowing a tailored digital software processor based on the Dirac HD Sound® technology.
Like a pair of glasses improves the perception of poor eyesight, this technology improves and corrects the sound, so that it becomes cleaner and closer to a perfect sound reproduction. It has nothing to do with sound effects or graphic equalizers used in other apps.
Get the full version of Dirac HD Player to add the following functionality:
- Import/create playlists
- Quick alphabetic search index of songs
- Shuffle and Repeat functions
- Support for Apple In-Ear Headphones
- Functionality to remember playing state between sessions, including playlist, track, point in time, shuffle state, and repeat state
The sound improvement is tailored for Apple’s original Earphones and EarPods. The app should not be used with other earphones.
Utilizes the iTunes music library.
DRM protected music is not playable by Dirac HD Player (or any other 3rd party app).
Please note that iTunes Match and iTunes in the Cloud not yet fully supported.
Dirac Research AB is a Swedish audio research firm that specializes in digital sound optimization solutions. The company was founded in 2001 by researchers from Uppsala University, in Sweden. Today Dirac supplies sound technology to some of the most high performing brands in the world, including BMW, Bentley, Rolls Royce and Datasat Digital Entertainment.
What's New in Version 1.3
We are pleased to release version 1.3 of Dirac HD Player and Dirac HD Player Lite. We would like to thank our dedicated users for their great feedback and suggestions.
Lite and Full version
- Minor fixes and improvements including support for time progress view in locked screen mode and a new application icon
Full version only
- Added support for Apple In-Ear Headphones
- Added functionality to remember playing state between sessions, including playlist, track, point in time, shuffle state, and repeat state.
- Improved shuffle function. Now shuffles the whole playlist in advance rather than randomly picking the next track. Toggle the shuffle button off/on to re-shuffle the list.
- Improved repeat function. Now allows skipping back past the first track to get to the last.
This app is astoundingly great
I’m a musician so I’m well used to recorded music sounding terrible compared to how it sounds live in the hall. That’s why I’m so amazed at the improvement this app makes. I had been listening to Bach Violin Concerti, Academy of Ancient Music, Andrew Manze & Rachael Potter, soloists, when I tried this app toggled a Dirac On/Off comparison. HOLY CRAP! I will never again listen to music through my headphones without Dirac. An absolutely enormous difference.
The first time I heard what this little app does to the sound of your iphone, I was speechless. The improvement in sound quality is so huge that you have to hear it to believe it. I've never used my apple earphone because I thought they were bad. Now I can't take them off! Great job!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 24, 2014
- Version: 1.3
- Size: 0.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dirac Research AB
- © 2012 Dirac Research AB
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi-Fi (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi (4th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi, iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPod touch (4th generation), iPod touch (5th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation). This app is optimized for iPhone 5.