Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone, iPod touch or iPad from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Shortcuts and home widgets
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV power or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.
• Bug and crash fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Works well and has good Technical Support
I found that this app works very well. After I downloaded a new iOS, however, I was having a problem. I contacted the developer, and got an immediate email back suggesting a solution that worked like a charm.
The only suggestion I would have for improvement would be to add the ability to swipe and see what is coming up on a channel (as you can do with the Guide on the handheld remote). Still, this is a great app and deserves five stars.
Love this app!
Not sure why other reviews are so negative. This app is awesome! I hate the fact that the DirecTV remote doesn’t have a backlit feature. Trying to fumble around with the buttons in the dark is next to impossible. This app is a great replacement and is now what I use when watching tv in bed. If it gets a dark mode it’ll be 5 stars for me. Highly recommend!
App stopped working!
This app was perfect for a few days and then decided to stop working. I’ve done all the fixes according to the help suggestions and it still will not pick up any of the receivers in our house. I even deleted and re-downloaded the app and still nothing. Also reached out to the developer because I saw one of the reviews saying that they would get back in contact with you Immediately and never heard back. I deleted the app and will never download it again.
I emailed you or another customer with the same issue last night. When the app stops communicating with your receiver suddenly it is almost always due to an issue on your home network. The most common reason is if your receiver's IP address changes. Anyway, if you want to reach out to me on the support link, I can give you some suggestions for troubleshooting the issue.
- David Likosar
- 49 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 David Likosar
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.