Direct Remote for DIRECTV
By David Likosar
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Direct Remote is a Wi-Fi remote control for your DIRECTV receiver that allows you to control your receiver using your iPhone or iPod touch from anywhere on your Wi-Fi network. Works with Genie Client Receivers as well as RVU enabled TV sets. See notes below to check compatibility with your DIRECTV system.
• Voice control for DIRECTV receivers!
• Control using gestures or a more traditional touch interface
• Quick tuning for up to 65 favorite channels
• Shortcuts and home widgets
• Program guide for favorite channels
• Displays program information and name of the program you are watching
• Automatically discovers receivers on network
• Enables easy control in dark
• Allows control of every receiver on the network with one device
• Receiver can be hidden in a cabinet or another room
• Works with DIRECTV receivers enabled for network control (see compatible models below)
*** Requires iOS 10.0 or higher.
• Receiver must be connected to Wi-Fi network in order for this app to work. One way to check this is to push the right arrow on your remote control. If you have access to Internet connected apps, your receiver is connected to the network.
• Compatible models are all Genie receivers and clients, HR20, HR21, R22, R23, HR24 and H21, H23, H24, H25 and all newer receivers. Also works with 3rd party RVU enabled TV sets. You can verify your model by looking under the front panel door of your receiver.
• Controls DirecTV receiver only, will not control your TV or volume
If you have any questions prior to purchasing, feel free to contact me using the support link.
What's New in Version 2.11
• Added shortcut buttons for 3D touch
• Added widgets for control from lock screen
• Added app diagnostics to send app info to developer
• Bug fixes
Simplification for Direct TV remote
This app has been a God-Sent for me. I couldn't get back to where I was on the Geni Remote when I wanted to surf channels. You can save your favorite and most likely to watch channels and see what is currently playing on each channel just by opening the app.
Despite the reviews, I had nothing to lose. Only down side is you have to have the remote to set it up. (I had lost the remote, which is why I got this app). Works perfect once you set it up though!! Super easy to understand instructions!
Fairly Easy Setup
I was a bit doubtful about this app due to the reviews, but I took a chance and I'm glad that I did! Setup was easy and it works just fine for me, no more worrying about the remote! 😏