Start, locate and control your car from virtually anywhere with your iPhone, or Apple Watch!
“Making the cloud-connected car a reality”
"The coolest thing at the Consumer Electronics Show"
"Without a doubt, one of the coolest apps I've ever seen"
Directed created the connected car category for the automotive aftermarket with the launch of Viper SmartStart in 2009. With the release of the 5.0 app and launch of Directed SmartStart Pro devices, connecting with and controlling your vehicle is faster and easier than ever.
- Add a Directed SmartStart module to the Viper system in your car so you can start, lock and unlock your car from virtually anywhere. Receive alerts if your car alarm goes off.
- Add a Directed SmartStart GPS module instead, and you can also locate your car and get notifications if your car is speeding or goes where it's not supposed to go.
- Directed SmartStart Digital Systems provide the ultimate connected car experience, including engine status with runtime display, and other feedback directly from the vehicle databus.
- Want to protect an offroad vehicle, watercraft or other specialty vehicle? Now Viper Powersports GPS ultra-low current systems can be added to your SmartStart app. Disable the starter, locate your vehicle, or get alerts if someone moves one of your powersports vehicles.
Are you tired of carrying around another clunky remote control on your keychain, or finding yourself out of range when you really need to warm up or cool down your car before getting in? Now you can securely remote start, lock/unlock, or find your car just by pushing a button on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
Directed SmartStart 4.0 gives you fingertip control over the following features of your Directed remote start or security/remote start system:
- Remote car starter
- Trunk release
- Aux channels
Directed SmartStart GPS lets you locate your vehicle or get notified via alerts if your kids go somewhere they aren’t supposed to, or drive unsafely.
How do you get Directed SmartStart? Just follow these three simple steps:
1) Download the free Directed SmartStart app
2) Get SmartStart installed in your car (see mysmartstart.com for more information and where to buy Directed SmartStart)
3) Set up your SmartStart account, and start using your SmartStart system
That’s all there is to it!
Directed SmartStart also includes membership in Motor Club, providing convenient flat rate 24/7 access to our nationwide roadside assistance network. Just press a button in the app to get connected for towing due to breakdown or accidents, or assistance with a dead battery or flat tire.
- Convenient widget provides quick access to sending commands
- Two new dashboards added that allow you to pick the layout and features most important to you
- Enhanced remote start feedback: the app confirms the command and then follows it up a few moments later to let you know if the engine is running, or stopped (digital systems only). The details are provided right on the dashboard too, no need to check your status page all the time.
- Enhanced command feedback: Now when you send a command to your SmartStart system, the app provides the details for the command right on the dashboard and keeps them there in case you forget and want to check back later to confirm what happened. Doors locked at 8:30AM? Check! (all systems)
- Is my car secure when I remote start it? Yep, we've been doing this a long time. The car is started, but only you can drive it away.
- Can I control all of my cars with the same app? You bet, just install Directed SmartStart systems in your other vehicles and they will show up in the app automatically.
- What is Motor Club? It's our roadside assistance program that is included with every SmartStart Secure service plan (requires user to sign up via mysmartstart web site).
Added support for Directed SmartStart Pro devices
Ratings and Reviews
Installed about a year ago ! Wanted to put through real world everyday test before review ( summer , winter ) . AWESOME! Get professional install & no problems ! Installed in Hummer H2 ! Integrated into truck , if heat or air is set to on before exiting vehicle, automatically turns back on when remote started ! If temp drops low in this truck , checks with car system and turns on heated seats in the winter ! Make sure cell service is good , but have not had system fail once since install ! Worth every penny ! Cold PA nights & warm truck ! Hot summers & cool A/C truck to get into ! AWESOME ! No longer distance problem & failed key fobs ! Phone charged & you are good to go ! Thank you Directed ! Keep up excellent job !!
I’m fairly disappointed with this app and the SmartStart system. I park my truck in the same place at home and work every day. If I’m lucky, the app will start my truck 50% of the time on the first try. Very often I get an error message saying my truck has poor cellular coverage. If I try again, it will eventually start. Then the app will show my truck having good cell coverage.
I’ve emailed the company several times to get assistance. That too is a frustrating experience. I get automated responses saying someone will contact me in a few business days, but nothing happens.
Now I’m coming up on the renewal period. Trying to decide whether the renew and hope they improve the system, or just walk away from it and write off the cost I have already invested.
Works when it wants to
I’ve had this for over a year now and it works for the most part but when it doesn’t Boy will you feel inconvenienced! Not only can you not access you vehicle which could leave you stuck outside, like me one night at 4am coming from the gym, but your upset because it’s a feature that you’ve PAID FOR IN ADVANCE! One time I couldn’t use it at all for like 4 days straight and now it’s going on 24hrs where the app won’t even open....
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.