DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• New! Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices. Watch anywhere—no internet connection required
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 5.4.002
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
I bought an iPad specifically to use the deal Direct Tv advertised of streaming your TV anywhere. It used to work every now and then. But now most the channels don’t work. They either don’t show up on my channel list or I get an error message saying my receivers is in use although I was told I could have up to five devices on the app. Or I’m told this content is unavailable even if it’s not a sports thing that maybe would be blacked out. Every time I call DirecTV they have no idea what to tell me, but they read me the same lines saying “the channel lineup is being renegotiated and some channels may not be available while they’re being renegotiated.” Or they say “the channels you get streaming are not the same as the ones you get on your home Wi-Fi network.” But I know those things are lies because they told me the same since Christmas Day last year and yet sometimes it does work sometimes it doesn’t . No one at DirecTV customer service or tech-support knows how to help get this fixed. If I could take these two tablets back and get my money back for the months I’ve already paid for and have them off my account I would. But I really just wish it would work as they advertised it and as it sometimes works. As it is now this is a useless terrible app. And the people DirecTV do not know how to support it.
Horrible App! Live streaming issues with all Mac computers and devises!
Zero Stars!! Just say no to Forced One Star Ratings!! First, the live guide for the last 2weeks has been totally incorrect. ALL channel listings are wrong! For instance... ESPN would list a program on The History Channel and every single channel down the line. When you click on the live feed, it is correct to the specific channel, but the listing is totally off, so what’s the point of a guide! Fix this! Second, this is the slowest downloading app ever of the guide and or playing a program. It’s not me because I have 300 download speed! Third, cant stream every channel one pays for on DirecTV! Get with it DTV! Dish just came out with streaming on all channels! Lastly, the app needs a major upgrade to be easier to search for things etc. search is worthless throwing out inaccurate titles to sift through. I gave up on it. Fix your guide showing wrong listings immediately. Don’t you do tests from time to time? Get with it!
Terrible customer service
Direct tv/ATT have discontinued the Ability to watch direct tv from your mobile device to tv I tried, to do this a month ago after many years of doing so, I get the message turn off screen recording or disable mirror imaging I called customer service and after being on phone for two hours I was told that tech would get back to me they never did I called back today and was told that I was never able to do that,that was a LIE.
Direct/ATT does not want there customers to watch Direct/Att through their portable device to a tv.