DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. Read on for more info.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• With GenieGO, you can enjoy your recorded shows anytime, anywhere. You can also download your recordings to your device and watch them when you’re off the grid
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example “Live TV Streaming” or “Popular in Your Area”
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations, and parental ratings
• Tap the new “Free” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
What's New in Version 4.5.101
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Out of home is not working
Ever since AT&T put their foot into DirecTV the entire out of home function for the app does not work. If that was the only problem that would be great but the fact that no one within AT&T U-verse or DirecTV know when and where the updates are and if there will be any and if there's going to be a new app for Genie go. There is no place to find what's wrong with the out of home part of the app and know where to look for help. You can go in circles forever and I guess I am the true example of insane because they continue to call AT&T for answers and more often than not though circle me around and around for hours I have 6 to 8 hours invested in conversations and to home appointments and nobody knows how to. It's just rude and when they're in doubt and don't know what the answer is they send me to the Philippines who are the worst at tech-support. I've been with DirecTV since 1998. I must say I'm about to cut the cord I just don't think they care about people at AT&T
Great potential .... Not ready for prime time
The original application before bundled into a consolidated DirectTV bundle was solid. Now lots of waits, refreshes, failures to connect etc make it a real pain. When it works I love it. It just does not work well often.
Functionality a little better so I have added a star. Every update forces me to reload all of my downloaded content to play? Tool does not effectively allow me to control content on my device?
I travel internationally frequently and this content is important to me to help ease those 14 hour flights. This application of tens disappoints me by not allowing me to access the content I spend hours trying to download.
Doesn't even rate a single star
Update; it is an awful app. Full of glitches and crashes. Sometimes networks are available, other times they don't even show as existing. The tv show selection is very limited. It crashes all the time and sends error messages. Do not chose direct tv if you want to watch on your mobile device.
This is a terrible app. It makes me a angry at Directv and AT&T. It's so difficult to find a show, they are limited and the search is awful. Then if you do find one you like it will constantly freeze during the many commercials. Every time!
A seriously awful app.