DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• New! Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices. Watch anywhere—no internet connection required
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 4.9.401
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Second Time Around!
This is my second time having DirecTV. I've had Att-U-verse for the past couple of years and had no problems with it except the price kept going up and I had to call at the beginning of each year to find out what specials they were offering. So annoying! DirecTV offered me a great package deal for 24 months that I couldn't refuse. I do love that I can watch my recorded shows on my iPad/iPhone. The app is a bit complicated but I'll eventually get there. I don't have a problem watching away from home. The picture and sound are great. The only problem I have with DirecTV is that some of the U-verse channels that I watched in HD are not yet HD channels on DirecTV. Hopefully, since U-verse now owns DirecTV, all channels with soon be HD.
Can't take shows on a trip
They tout that you can take your shows and watch them anywhere. Not the case! It USED to work before at&t bought DIRECTV. You USED to be able to download shows and watch them offline. Now, it wants to talk to the mothership and won't play. They must NEVER do any regression testing. I dare them to download shows to an iPad, go on a plane with no wifi, then see how well it works. I have spent countless hours talking with tech support for over a year. How hard can it be to say, no internet, here's a list of shows you downloaded. What do you want to watch? Ok, playing it after I try and talk to the mothership...oh you don't have an internet connection so I'll just deny your request to play content you downloaded to watch while you were off line. Really DIRECTV? Fix this BUG.
We love Direct TV! We have tried other sources, i.e...local cable, and Dish Network. We had cable first...hated it, then switched over to Direct TV...loved it! When we moved, we were talked into Dish at a cheaper price. We decided to try it, but we missed Direct TV. so when Dish kept raising their prices, we decided to go back to Direct TV. As far as we're concerned it's the best!! We always promote Direct TV to all our friends and family! They all love it and are so glad we recommended it them! We give it 👍🏻👍🏻!!