DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR! Your favorite content goes where you go!
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Binge watch with ease! When one episode ends, the next episode begins automatically!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
What's New in Version 4.7.102
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Direct TV is our favorite expense
We have had direct TV since the 1990s. Almost as long as AT&T. We always seem to complain about our cellular expenses, we NEVER do that with our Direct TV. Since we have retired, and I wish they would give us a loyalty price that's lower, but we love it!
Over the years , at the beginning my husband would wire friends houses nod set up their dishes. We never got this friends discount back then, we just did it
We don't know why everyone doesn't have direct TV. Now that we can take it with us etc , that's a whole new fun service of theirs.
The Conway's of So Cal say Long Live Direct TV!!!
Fire bad Direct good
I'm a long time loyal Directv subscriber, in fact, all the way back to the 90s! The "Watch Directv Anywhere" offer is awesome. I enjoy it on all of my internet capable devices, for both wifi, and cellular, without a hitch. The addition of live local channels has dramatically increased the value of the deal. For years I had been using a non-Directv app for iPhone/ iPad. I have big dogs (and a big wife sssshhhhhh) that constantly get in between me, and the IR transmitter, but since the remote included in the App is over wifi, problem solved.
I download a movie and a couple shows for my 5 hour flight. With no wifi I thought I could use this app. First, my wifi was off, I was on the plane, and the app whirled and swirled and finally figured out there was no wifi. I found my downloaded shows, but I clicked on the shows NOTHING HAPPENED. Then I got some weird error message stating the file wasn't going to work. Question to DIRECTV, did you test under this condition at all? It doesn't work, a terribly design and implemented new feature.