DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR! Your favorite content goes where you go!
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Binge watch with ease! When one episode ends, the next episode begins automatically!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
What's New in Version 4.7.102
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
**Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review!**
Software not wrote correctly to function on Apple's newest devices
I first had the iPhone 4s and the old DIRECTV app worked fine. But after upgrading to the new iPhone6 and ipad2, I had to download the new app since the old app wouldn't work with the new devices. I soon learned I could not even log onto the app, and after countless attempts and changing passwords, I called support and no one their could find any solution after giving them the error codes from my iPad2, where I was supposed to get a call back and that call never came. I later downloaded the DIRECTV app for kids and found I could log onto this app fine with the same acct. info and watch live streaming video. That's when I realized it was nothing wrong with my devices or my acct. info. It was the app where I think the software developers did not write the program correctly to function on Apple's newest devices and this half wrote, no good app was just pushed out the door with no real checks on functionality across all platforms. Not sure how this happens, but then all apps or constantly being upgraded to fix problems the developers didn't catch the first time so hopefully enough revisions will take place and I can one day actually log onto the app to record and/or watch live streaming content.
Good app, but not great
I've been a loyal DirecTV customer for almost 10 years. I've seen this app go through some fantastic revisions, but it's always been enough to be an Okay or Good app, not great.
One of my biggest reasons for choosing DirecTV for my TV provider is the embrace of the latest technology in the living room. But this is also where they fall amazingly short on the mobility side. They're terrible at supporting the core features of iOS, mostly because of their insistence on not using the built in iOS video player. Doing this, would enable iOS picture in picture, resizing of video Windows and other things. Imagine, browsing the Internet on your iPad, and watching your favorite TV show in the corner? Or multitasking through your Twitter feed side by side... This would make this app a Great app.
I hope DirecTV keeps up the work on this and the phone version of the app. Every iteration gets a little bit better. They just need to go a bit further to make it Great.
Could be that?
It could be that DIRECTV is happy with the app the was it is and that's fine... They refuses to rebuild the app from scratch... and this app needs to find a programmer that has the know how to do this... that's the facts..
As and example...UPS has been rebuilding on top of their shipping software for so long now it will never be as good as FedEx...
Most people are streaming other ways. I.e., That don't require lengthy down load times from the DTV Genie.. storage is a problem too.. why download...??? Especially when the internet is easily found.. unless u live under a rock.
So in truth this app is barely fine for streaming and/or live TV... forget downloading because it's terrible...
So for a long time DTV customer like myself of 19 years I would love for it to work because I have held the rabbit ears in the 70's to watch TV and this app feels a lot like those days..
Regardless I am slowly moving away from this crap app... anyway... as I want to watch my shows and relax. And this app does not allow that...
Crashes a lot... did I say a lot.... I meant a ton...
On positive note.. most all features will work great sometimes and that's what hurts the most.. because I have always loved my DirecTV.. and will hope for the best... at $180 month I sure hope some day not to be holding the theoretical rabbit ears anymore because my DTV is more then my first monthly car payment... man I'm old!!!