By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DIRECTV goes anywhere you go.
With the GenieGO™ device and app, DIRECTV lets you take your home HD DVR recordings with you on your iPhone and watch them anywhere without an Internet connection. Watch them on the plane, at the beach, on the subway, anywhere. Watch downloaded shows on up to 5 mobile devices simultaneously, so everyone in your family can enjoy their own recorded shows anytime, anywhere — all at the same time.
With GenieGO, you can also instantly stream your shows from your HD DVR anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection - no downloading required. So even if you forget to download, you can still watch your recorded shows when you're away from home.
Requires GenieGO device (sold separately) and any HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to the Internet.
Available for customers in the USA only.
- Stream recordings from your HD DVR to your iPhone and watch them instantly anywhere within and outside your home.*
- Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR to your iPhone and take them with you wherever you go – no Internet connection needed.
- View and access recorded content from multiple HD DVRs.
- Schedule your shows to automatically prepare for download so your favorites are ready when you want them.
- Set programs to prepare for download while you are away from home so they are ready to download when you arrive home.
- Register up to 5 devices to watch your favorite shows from your home HD DVR.*
- Compatible with iOS 7 or later.
(Note: Download requires the phone to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the GenieGO device)
- *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection. Streaming is limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) to be streamed.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to log into the app.
- GenieGO device requires a direct connection to your wireless router on your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- For additional information on DIRECTV GenieGO and specific requirements, please visit DIRECTV's website.
What's New in Version 3.2.077
No More 30 Day Expiration – Open the app while online & reset your download expiration to 30 days.
Stability Improvements — Addresses wifi discovery & connection issues.
Device Names Improvement — Allows 2 registered devices to have the same display name.
Nice but problems
I appreciate having this capability (download to iPad/iPhone but the apps gets annoying errors.
1) the app starting preparing a show and all of a sudden starts all over again.
2) when downloading a show that has finished preparation, the download starts at a very nice speed (such as 2.6 m/sec) and gives a nice completion estimate of say 2 minutes. How're the app continues to slow down the download speed and sometimes changes the estimate to 15 or more minutes.
3) the worse problem that I have encountered is that sometimes when I start the app, it tells me to enter my email and password. This means that it has lost all of the programming that I have downloaded and I must start all over again.
Update: the current version finally goes into offline mode properly when no signal is present, and the FF/RW is more responsive. Well done!
This app is the poor step-daughter of the also terrible DirecTV iPad app. Unlike it’s older sister, however, this app can *only go into Offline mode if you’re online*. I’ll pause for a moment to let that sink in.
That’s right — in order to enter “Offline” mode, you need to have a network connection so that the app can fail to find your GenieGo and ask if you’d like to switch to Offline mode. If you have no connection (e.g., underground or Airplane mode), the app simply locks up permanently while trying to connect to your GenieGo.
At least the iPad app has the decency to crash if you have No Service (and only doesn’t crash if your phone is in Airplane mode instead...don’t ask… but at least then it goes ‘Offline’ and lets you watch your shows).
The lack of iPhone 6-plus optimization is also a… plus...
I use this app to watch my recorded programs when I fly. Two flights in a row I have opened the app and there are no recordings. When I left my residence I had numerous recordings. Imagine being on a 10 hour flight and finding you have nothing to watch. Totally worthless.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 3.2.077
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2014 DIRECTV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.