By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DIRECTV goes anywhere you go.
With the GenieGO™ device and app, DIRECTV lets you take your home HD DVR recordings with you on your iPhone and watch them anywhere without an Internet connection. Watch them on the plane, at the beach, on the subway, anywhere. Watch downloaded shows on up to 5 mobile devices simultaneously, so everyone in your family can enjoy their own recorded shows anytime, anywhere — all at the same time.
With GenieGO, you can also instantly stream your shows from your HD DVR anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection - no downloading required. So even if you forget to download, you can still watch your recorded shows when you're away from home.
Requires GenieGO device (sold separately) and any HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to the Internet.
Available for customers in the USA only.
- Stream recordings from your HD DVR to your iPhone and watch them instantly anywhere within and outside your home.*
- Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR to your iPhone and take them with you wherever you go – no Internet connection needed.
- View and access recorded content from multiple HD DVRs.
- Schedule your shows to automatically prepare for download so your favorites are ready when you want them.
- Set programs to prepare for download while you are away from home so they are ready to download when you arrive home.
- Register up to 5 devices to watch your favorite shows from your home HD DVR.*
- Compatible with iOS 7 or later.
(Note: Download requires the phone to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the GenieGO device)
- *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection. Streaming is limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) to be streamed.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to log into the app.
- GenieGO device requires a direct connection to your wireless router on your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- For additional information on DIRECTV GenieGO and specific requirements, please visit DIRECTV's website.
What's New in Version 3.1.142
iOS8 Stability improvements and bug fixes.
When first running this updated version for the first time, please be connected to an Internet connection.
As useful as a football bat
First, I pay $200/mo for directTV to have maybe the 10 channels I watch, which are scattered in between the 500+ that seem to be nothing more than infomercials trying to sell me something like gopher fur beer koozies, and it’s usually in spanish… I try to stream to my laptop or phone at night so I don’t wake up the house if I’m wanting to watch some TV…. NOPE… gotta buy the GenieGO box to do that… $100, I buy the box, ONLY to find out, that it’s just to record shows to dump onto my devices so I can watch them at a later time… well slap my donkey and call me Mabel… that is SO not what I was wanting to do… But, the workaround is to start the show recording you want to watch, and THEN you can stream it to your laptop, iPhone, blender, etc… Ok, so, now I can stream recorded shows to my laptop… NO WAY TO REWIND OR FAST-FORWARD?!?? What moron at DirectTV thought this was in any way, shape, form or fashion, was a GOOD idea? The only good thing about this app, is that it’s such a piece of crap, it makes me want to get off my duff and go do something constructive rather than waste my time on TRYING to watch some television when I’m not directly in front of my TV...
It works but...
This actually works. I was pleasantly surprised compared to expectations. The "preparing" phase is reasonable and it transfers in a few minutes to your iPhone or iPad. Here's the issue and I cannot understand why this company wouldn't fix this app in over a year!!!
On iPad the rewind and fast forward controls work fine. The slider is smooth and allows you decent granularity of moving forward and back. On the iPhone however, the controls don't work!!! Fast forward rewinds the program. Both slow ff and the fast ff buttons both take you backwards. This leaves you with the slider as the only way to get through commercials and the slider jumps forward in 1:30 jumps so often you have to watch a minute+ of commercials vs missing the first part of the program after a commercial.
Why such a lame effort Dtv??? Seriously, time for an update and a fix! This app hasn't been updated since Sept 2014!! Looks like you don't care. At least fix the darn fast forward controls... Come on! Xfinity app works fine.
Good but needs work
The good... I can download shows to my phone to watch on my downtime at work. My son can watch his downloaded shows on his iPad when we are on a long car trip. (There is also an option to make a show automatic for preparation and download)
The bad... It takes almost as long as the show is long to prepare for a download (an hour to prepare a show that is an hour long).
The ugly... I though I could start to record a show I was watching on tv and then watch it on my phone through the device when it was time for bed... Well I can but the video quality is terrible and you can't fast forward or rewind. (It's too bad because the shows that you can stream without the device are good quality).
-Edit- the really ugly... A bug deleted all of my geniego content from my phone while I was out of the house... Nothing to watch now and no way to recover content till I get home :(
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 17, 2014
- Version: 3.1.142
- Size: 13.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2014 DIRECTV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.