By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DIRECTV goes anywhere you go.
With the GenieGO™device and app, DIRECTV lets you take your home HD DVR recordings with you on your iPhone and watch them anywhere without an Internet connection. Watch them on the plane, at the beach, on the subway, anywhere. Watch downloaded shows on up to 5 mobile devices simultaneously, so everyone in your family can enjoy their own recorded shows anytime, anywhere — all at the same time.
With GenieGO, you can also instantly stream your shows from your HD DVR anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection - no downloading required. So even if you forget to download, you can still watch your recorded shows when you're away from home.
Requires GenieGO device (sold separately) and any HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to the Internet.
Available for customers in the USA only.
- Stream recordings from your HD DVR to your iPhone and watch them instantly anywhere within and outside your home.*
- Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR to your iPhone and take them with you wherever you go – no Internet connection needed.
- View and access recorded content from multiple HD DVRs.
- Schedule your shows to automatically prepare for download so your favorites are ready when you want them.
- Set programs to prepare for download while you are away from home so they are ready to download when you arrive home.
- Register up to 5 devices to watch your favorite shows from your home HD DVR.*
- Compatible with iPhone 3GS or newer running iOS v4.3 or later, and iPod touch 3rd Generation or newer running iOS v4.3 or later. (Note: Download requires the phone to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the GenieGO device)
- *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection. Streaming is limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) to be streamed.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to log into the app.
- GenieGO device requires a direct connection to your wireless router on your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- For additional information on DIRECTV GenieGO and specific requirements, please visit DIRECTV's website.
What's New in Version 3.0.037
NEW IN THIS VERSION
- General bug fixes and improvements
This will be the last update that supports iOS 5. Future updates will require iOS 6 or later.
Mediocre app for a great idea
When I first download everything worked perfect. I loved being able to download movies for when I was away from home. Now I'm unable to download anything, saying I don't have enough space even though I do.
Not only that, not all my movies and shows are being recognized by the app. It doesn't make sense why some show up and others don't.
Lastly, for an app that streams entertainment they really should offer an iPad version not just the iPhone. Video quality is poor and doesn't even fill the whole screen.
It would be an awesome utility if these things were addressed. We are new to this company but I do hope directv pays attention to its customers and fixes these issues in the near future. It has a lot of potential and I am more than willing to update my review to a higher rating if they do.
I thought I would mostly use it for streaming, but I mostly use it offline. The problem with streaming is the video quality is lower and it the controls (FF and rewind) aren't very responsive and cause it to crash on occasion.
Instead, I auto download series. It will automatically prepare new episodes of shows you select. In the morning I download those to my iPad. The video quality is better than streaming, although not as good as HD iTunes, and I can move past commercials. Plus, you can watch shows when you don't have Internet, like a plane.
Don't offer it if you can't support it!
I understand the rush to offer a competitive product in the marketplace. But after reading all these reviews, it's pretty apparent that DirecTV has introduced a beta product masquerading as a real full-featured product. People already have enough problems with technology, DirecTV doesn't need to add to customer frustration by failing to fix the problems. I hope these comments make it beyond the first line service person and all the way to the marketing, sales, and overall customer service directors. If these comments don't make it to the management and executive levels, the product will continue to be a huge source of frustration and anger for DirecTV customers. Please take all of our comments to heart and do something about them immediately!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 14, 2013
- Version: 3.0.037
- Size: 9.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2013 DIRECTV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.