By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DIRECTV goes anywhere you go.
With the GenieGO™ device and app, DIRECTV lets you take your home HD DVR recordings with you on your iPhone and watch them anywhere without an Internet connection. Watch them on the plane, at the beach, on the subway, anywhere. Watch downloaded shows on up to 5 mobile devices simultaneously, so everyone in your family can enjoy their own recorded shows anytime, anywhere — all at the same time.
With GenieGO, you can also instantly stream your shows from your HD DVR anywhere you have a Wi-Fi connection - no downloading required. So even if you forget to download, you can still watch your recorded shows when you're away from home.
Requires GenieGO device (sold separately) and any HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to the Internet.
Available for customers in the USA only.
- Stream recordings from your HD DVR to your iPhone and watch them instantly anywhere within and outside your home.*
- Download your recorded shows from your HD DVR to your iPhone and take them with you wherever you go – no Internet connection needed.
- View and access recorded content from multiple HD DVRs.
- Schedule your shows to automatically prepare for download so your favorites are ready when you want them.
- Set programs to prepare for download while you are away from home so they are ready to download when you arrive home.
- Register up to 5 devices to watch your favorite shows from your home HD DVR.*
- Compatible with iOS 7 or later.
(Note: Download requires the phone to be on the same Wi-Fi network as the GenieGO device)
- *Stream recordings from your HD DVR outside your home, requires an active Wi-Fi Internet connection. Streaming is limited to one device at a time. Programming must be recorded or recording onto DIRECTV HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) to be streamed.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to log into the app.
- GenieGO device requires a direct connection to your wireless router on your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (Genie, model R22, HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- For additional information on DIRECTV GenieGO and specific requirements, please visit DIRECTV's website.
What's New in Version 3.2.077
No More 30 Day Expiration – Open the app while online & reset your download expiration to 30 days.
Stability Improvements — Addresses wifi discovery & connection issues.
Device Names Improvement — Allows 2 registered devices to have the same display name.
Not Worth Limited Functionality
After days of configuring, speaking to DIRECTV rep, having a tech come to home to check setup, calling my ISP to configure their cable modem/router and a bunch of other stuff found online, this app is "Not Worth Limited Functionality". I had little to no success on iOS. My iPhone and iPad have limited functionality and neither one has EVER passed the Out of Home Access test. I finally got laptop to pass the Out of Home Access test but when connected to a different Wi-Fi, I still cannot stream. I am constantly told my router settings changed which is not the case. I can see if I rebooted router without changing anything but that is not the case. For me streaming content is more important than downloading, especially on iPhone and iPad since they have limited space available anyway. Not an issue on laptop. Also, if I choose to auto download series, I don't want passed episodes. I watched them already so why download all of them again? Even if I delete them, they end up coming back. Give us a secondary choice to download only future episodes at least to please everyone. I've been a customer for over 12 years and I am very happy with their overall service but this app was not thought out and/or tested. If it was not for NFL Sunday Ticket, I would be considering changing providers. Please fix this ASAP DIRECTV!
Good but needs work
The good... I can download shows to my phone to watch on my downtime at work. My son can watch his downloaded shows on his iPad when we are on a long car trip. (There is also an option to make a show automatic for preparation and download)
The bad... It takes almost as long as the show is long to prepare for a download (an hour to prepare a show that is an hour long).
The ugly... I though I could start to record a show I was watching on tv and then watch it on my phone through the device when it was time for bed... Well I can but the video quality is terrible and you can't fast forward or rewind. (It's too bad because the shows that you can stream without the device are good quality).
-Edit- the really ugly... A bug deleted all of my geniego content from my phone while I was out of the house... Nothing to watch now and no way to recover content till I get home :(
-Edit- 7/8/15 the horrible... It now only works about 30% of the time with my downloaded programs when not on my home wifi network.
Nice but problems
I appreciate having this capability (download to iPad/iPhone but the apps gets annoying errors.
1) the app starting preparing a show and all of a sudden starts all over again.
2) when downloading a show that has finished preparation, the download starts at a very nice speed (such as 2.6 m/sec) and gives a nice completion estimate of say 2 minutes. How're the app continues to slow down the download speed and sometimes changes the estimate to 15 or more minutes.
3) the worse problem that I have encountered is that sometimes when I start the app, it tells me to enter my email and password. This means that it has lost all of the programming that I have downloaded and I must start all over again.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: May 13, 2015
- Version: 3.2.077
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2014 DIRECTV, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.