By AT&T Services, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
DIRECTV NOW is your NEW standalone streaming service for Live TV and On Demand entertainment. Enjoy news, sports, events, and shows as they air. Your favorite TV series and movies can be accessed anywhere, anytime.
Looking for instant access to TV with no annual contract? You’re one click away from breaking free from old school TV. Simply install the DIRECTV NOW app and join the streaming revolution!
Stream local TV*, sports, news, events and shows you crave on 120+ live channels, including ABC**, NBC†, Discovery Channel, History, Comedy Central, AMC, A&E, Food Network, The Weather Channel, HGTV, and so many more. Watch your favorite shows like Modern Family, Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Blindspot, Chicago Fire, and Law & Order: SVU in real time.
Sit back and chill with up to 20,000+ movies and shows – ready when you are. Catch up on hit shows like Empire, The Voice, and This Is Us or watch a movie like Jack Reacher.
Roll out the red carpet when you add HBO® or Cinemax® at an unbeatable price, or get OBSESSABLE original series & hit movies with Starz. Never miss another episode of Game of Thrones, Westworld, or Black Sails.
DIRECTV NOW streams on your smartphone, tablet, Apple TV, or Amazon Fire TV. Whether home or on the go, simply download DIRECTV NOW and begin watching Live Television and On Demand Movies.
MORE TV FREEDOM
Take control of your TV viewing – No annual contracts, No credit checks, and No equipment to lease. It’s time to fall in love with TV again.
Start watching Live TV now!
*Live Sports & Local Channels may be limited
**ABC – live streaming available in select markets
†NBC – live streaming available in select markets and on select devices
What's New in Version 1.1.5
Performance enhancements and bug fixes.
I HATE THIS SERVICE
1) Forget “Watching” TV on the phone. I can only listen to live TV because the screen is frozen more than it moves with live TV. It doesn’t matter whether I use my AT & T WiFi or my data. 2) Local OKC channels suddenly disappear out of my line up and then reappear later after I’ve missed something. 3) The channels won’t load frequently. I get an error message to try again later. 4) The shows on demand doesn’t function. Shows quit after a few minutes and when you retry there is no sound. 5) There is ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE. You have to contact them via ‘chat’ and all they can do is apologize. 6) AT&T customer service does not claim this company. I spent 54 minutes on the phone with an AT&T rep trying to find a phone number for Directv Now and there isn’t one. That’s because they can’t hire enough people to field all of our angry calls.
This is the worst TV experience I’ve ever had and as soon as I can afford Cable again I’m going back. I notice all the commercials for regular Directv but I’ve never seen one for the Internet stream version. I guess that’s because the company is too embarrassed. If you have any other options DO NOT GET DIRECTV NOW!
Improving But Still Amateurish
App performance has improved significantly since launch. However, this app is still surprisingly amateurish.
1) When you switch to landscape mode on iPhone and then rotate your iPhone 180° and then rotate your iPhone 90° to switch to portrait mode, the picture doesn’t resize correctly.
2) On demand and 72 hour rewind streaming is not consistently stable. Audio still intermittently cuts out, the picture freezes, and on many occasions episodes restart when switching orientation on iPad. It is still an open question whether DirecTV Now has the infrastructure to support on-demand/72-hour Rewind during peak hours.
3) The overly aggressive use of location services is inexcusable. There is no reason why this app can’t simply ping your location just once when you open the app or when you change channels and then pause location services (Apple’s Core Location framework supports this). This would significantly improve battery life.
😡 Commercials more than tv service...
I don’t pay for tv service because of the commercials. Trying this service out but there are 10 episodes (3 1/2 mins) every 20 mins. Plus if you close off of the app, to do anything for example, check a text message, it doesn’t pause the commercials, it starts the whole commercials over! Will NOT be paying after December! 🤨 I rather watch Netflix than sit through commercials. I screenshot my ordeal of trying to watch A Christmas Story. Gave up now without watching the rest. Ran out of time before bed. Make sure you plan your “show watching time” with extra time because it doesn’t include the commercials in the time the movie is on. For example, a movie might be 1 hour and 11 min. There will be like 3 1/2 mins every 20 mins. In addition, inappropriate commercials for a family movie. They should plan to add the commercials appropriate for the audience most likely viewing the show/ movie.😡
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 15, 2017
- Version: 1.1.5
- Size: 79.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: AT&T Services, Inc.
- © AT&T
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.Apple TV: Yes