By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 4.9.101
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
**Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review!**
Not totally useless after all...
This app, for now, is doing what I expected which is simply to download and play back content when out of the house. I had flagged this latest update as not being able to download at all. As it turns out, my 5GHz band on my Wi-Fi router was dying a slow death. Rebooting the router fixed the problem. Hence the downloads were back working faster than ever. My apologies to DirecTV. The problem was on my end.
For sure this app has lots of other issues. (i.e. As soon as that last program finished downloading, the app crashed. Sigh...) I'd dearly love to rate this app 4 or 5 stars. But it keeps crashing. Also, playback when out of home is a 50/50 proposition, not to mention the fact that you have to be connected to the Internet to play downloaded content. If some of these other things are addressed, I could probably easily rate this app a 4, if not 5.
Worst iPhone app yet!!!
On demand programs don't always work. I like to watch "Shipping Wars" and when I start the program it will start with a 15 or 30 second commercial and the program is supposed to start. Sometimes it starts and most of the time it doesn't. It freezes or immediately goes to the end of the program and wants you to start the next episode. Plus since I have at&t as my carrier I'm supposed to get unlimited data use for viewing the DIRECTV app. It does let you view it with unlimited data, but the bandwidth is so low, the program is almost not viewable. It's a horrible experience, horrible app, and every update seems to be getting worst. Would not recommend DIRECTV app at all. It's the absolute worst app for tv viewing I've seen. The best app to view programming is Netflix. I watch a lot of tv and Netflix is by far the best. It's consistent, programs are viewable in full hd and usually don't have any bandwidth or buffering issues like the terrible DIRECTV app.
Direct TV is the worst and so is this app
BEWARE of DirectTV deceptive advertising. I am shocked this company is still allowed to operate and even more shocked that they are allowed to deceptively sell at the Costco store.
Let me start with the salesperson at Costco verbally selling a package with Regional Sports Networks across the country and telling us we will be able to watch our sports teams in Chicago. Why does one watch sports channels? However, after many frustrating calls with customer service we are now told all of the regional games are blacked out. So basically you get only the pre and post game shows.
On the mobile app....I am currently waiting have been waiting for over 2 hours (although 15 minutes was promised) from a customer service representative to call me back. After an hour of painful troubleshooting steps he reset my receiver from his location and said this would fix the issue with the mobile application. Guess what, it didn't!
Do yourself a favor, spend the few extra dollars for Xfinity Comcast or Dish Network. Don't get locked in to a 2 year commitment with this company. Horrible satellite service and even worse customer service.
Almost forgot to mention the original installer being 8 hours late of the 4 hour window that was promised and the subsequent 2 other service technician visits to replace faulty equipment in the first 2 weeks.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 12, 2016
- Version: 4.9.101
- Size: 152 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2016 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.