By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV or catch up on the latest movies and shows On Demand. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. And now, you can control your HD DVR from your Apple Watch, too.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations and parental ratings
• Tap the new “In my subscription” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Control your TV from your Apple Watch.* Find new movies and shows, view their details, and set them to record to your DVR, and more from your wrist
• Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen to quickly see what’s currently playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more—all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app*
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
*IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature
What's New in Version 4.6.012
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
Why ruin a good thing?
Apparently I wasn't happy in my last review, below, and it got worse. Last few days the remote scheduling has not worked at all, and since I am on vacation, this is when I need it most, and was planning to use it. I've tried deleting and reinstalling, to no avail. Everything seems to have steadily gotten worse since AT&T took over.
Previous review, which still applies:
I've loved the DirecTV app overall, but it seems to be all messed up. I know some people are mad about Live TV being hard to find, but I never use it for that anyway. I just use it for remote recording & for looking up various things that might air. It is dreadfully slow when starting up now...if it starts up at all! Then the guide has been changed, and it doesn't let you pick your preferred way to view it. It just has a default and if you don't like that, you switch it each time you go to use it...but that's only possible on the times when it actually logs in and opens! I have faith that DirecTV will make it better again though!
"Watch Directv everywhere!" Not really!
Update: 1 August 2016. The new app plays back more channels and replaces Genie Go. But tonight I tried watching two live tv shows. And right in the middle of both shows it just stopped and locked up. Left me hanging with no way to see the rest of the shows. Who needs this? Why would I want to try again and have the same thing keep happening. Why would you? AT&T Get it fixed please.
---------------- review from a few years ago:
The phrase " Watch Directv everywhere" in the app is misleading and should say: watch Directv everywhere in your home only when your connected to the same local network that your Directv receivers (HD-24 and higher only) are connected to also.
As it currently reads in the app and on descriptions of the app user probably will take the claim literally and try to watch a channel "out of home".
Well I've never been able to do that with this app While I'm "out of home" I.e. While NOT connected to my home LAN network.
Am I missing something ?
Please clarify the language used so it's clear what this app can actually do, so as not to frustrate the user with different expectations than it can actually do.
Directv app very poor!
I had dish before I had directv. And dish has a way better app I could watch anything I want when I wanted. Directv on the other hand is almost anything I like to watch is unavailable pretty sad! And watching sports on my local channels forget it it's not happening!!!!! I'm not going back to dish because of customer service issues with dish. But they have a way better app. I mean AT&T has the money to provide as good if not better but they choose not to!! They could have a bigger market share if they had a better app. This app they offer is very poor its basically a decoration on my phone! Football season will be a bummer because all my games are on local channels and accessible by this poorly developed app! Very unhappy camper Stone Age quality from DirecTV and it's parent company AT&T!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 26, 2016
- Version: 4.6.012
- Size: 124 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2015 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.