By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 4.9.603
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Won't play downloaded content...
With this latest updated, previously downloaded content would not play. I was in a poor signal strength area. The app would not play the downloaded content because of a detected network problem. I guess it couldn't "phone hom." I'M TRYING TO PLAY DOWNLOADED CONTENT. I don't care about the quality of the network connection.
I then put the iPhone in Airplane Mode. The app acknowledged this fact. I selected my show to play and it said "Loading..." Then... boom.. right back to the downloaded content list. I tried the 2nd & 3rd shows on the list... same thing. I could play no downloaded content in Airplane mode.
Once back in good signal strength area, the app complained about a network problem, even though the app started (logged in) just fine. And... did I mention... I'M TRYING TO PLAY DOWNLOADED CONTENT! So... once it got "hosed," it stayed hosed. Really? Why can't I play downloaded content under ANY network condition? Can someone at DirecTV/AT&T please look into this?
App Needs Help!
1st the app locks up too much. I tried watching a news station but it kept buffering & locking up.
I went on Facebook & watched their live stream of the same station for hours & not once did it stop.
Also it would be great if you would put favorites stations at the top of the list or make them accessible from the 1st screen, I have to scroll & scroll to get to my stations, what's the point of having favorites.. then it locks up & I have the start all over again! I hope you will look into these issues.
Latest update has broken the app
I hate to have to write this as I loved the app, but the latest update has broken it. Shows can no longer be downloaded for offline viewing. When the download icon is clicked, the show appears to download in under a second, which does not work. The show appears in the download folder, but will not play. The auto prepare function is also broken, as shows are taking days to prepare when they used to be done shortly after the show finished recording. Please fix.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Mar 20, 2017
- Version: 4.9.603
- Size: 152 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2016 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.