By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR! Your favorite content goes where you go!
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Binge watch with ease! When one episode ends, the next episode begins automatically!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the new DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV! Find new movies and shows, view their details, and set them to record to your DVR, and more from your wrist
• Use Voice Search to help you find exactly what you're looking for
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
What's New in Version 4.7.108
Bug fixes and performance enhancements.
DTV - iPhone Mirror to TV
This app does not allow iPhones to mirror the Live Stream function to a monitor or TV. Live Stream is a function w/n the app that allows the user to view its tv type channels, i.e., HBO, Showtime, CNN, Fox (anything), etc.... It will let the user mirror iPhone to these devices with their movie selection. If the user tries to watch the "Live Stream" the mirroring device will go blank and the user will only hear the broadcast. The iPhone continues to display. The only way to get back to where one can watch movies again is to either delete the app and re-download or turn the iPhone off and back on. I was told this was some contract issue with DIRECTV. Frankly, I don't believe it because I have the NFL SundayTicket and it works great mirroring my iPhone to the tv. I think it's an app programmers glitch. Good luck! Don't sign a 2yr if you think it's going to work for you out on the road.
Works as advertised
If you have migrated to the latest box (mine is an HR44) this app works perfectly. At least in the ways that I use it.
I used to have the genie (unreliable) and a sling box (clunky). I have now removed 2/3 of the hardware and am able to reliably stream live or recorded content in our out of network on either cellular data or wifi and the auto prep mode has all of my recorded content available for very speedy downloads to my iPad for off line viewing when no internet connection is available.
Using the app to schedule recordings when away from home is a snap.
Like I said. It works. I very seldom write reviews but this new configuration works and is easy and has the added benefit of eliminating hardware and cables (if you have a slingbox you know what I'm talking about). I'm pretty picky about my gear and I'm liking this setup a lot.
Make sure you have an up to date receiver and probably a good idea to uninstall reinstall the latest app version when you are ready to go. Super reliable and excellent performance so far.
This app has potential to be great. At it's current state i would say it's tolerable. I had TWC before direct tv and their app is 100 times better. You are able to change channels while viewing on your phone without having to exit and view the guide. This feature is annoying and makes me not want to utilize the app at all. Also, why can you not pay your bill within the app? Makes no sense and is truly annoying that i have to go to my browser login to my account and pay my bill the old fashioned way.
Add touch i.d and bill payment within the app, also add customer service within the app, you have the framework for a great up make the updates!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Oct 07, 2016
- Version: 4.7.108
- Size: 155 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2016 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.