••• TRY OUR FREE VERSION FIRST •••
Please check it works on your system before you buy using our FREE DirectVR Lite App!
••• THE ORIGINAL WIFI REMOTE •••
DirectVR Home Edition is a full function remote control for your networked DirecTV system, featuring:
- Genie Support.
- RVU Support for DirecTV Ready televisions.
- Full screen remotes
- Compact remotes when turned sideways
- Multiple remote skins
- Program Information
- Social Networking
- Program Sharing
- Built-in community features.
••• REQUIREMENTS •••
* DirecTV set-top box(es) models H21, HR20 and newer or a Genie System.
* You must have DirecTV's "Home Networking" installation option.
* You will need a basic understanding of your home's network setup.
••• PLEASE NOTE •••
* Download the LITE version first for FREE!
* If it does not work, do not leave a bad review because we provide a free version for you to try first!
* Does NOT control the television functions (volume, mute, power).
* The DirectVR Touch Remote application is not affiliated with DirecTV Inc.
••• SKY TV Users •••
We have also had reports from users that this also works with Sky+HD receivers in Mexico & Brazil.
We cannot provide support for Sky systems - that is community supported.
* Updates to resolve issues with App Transport Security.
Ratings and Reviews
Works great even without remote
Some reviews seem to think you can't use this without a remote bc you need to get the IP address of your receiver to set it up. You can easily look at your router for a list of IPs connected to it. Just go down the list. I tried the first 2. 3rd time was a charm. Simple setup. Was exactly what I needed to watch DirecTV without my remote.
DirectVR okay but missing what should be an obvious feature
That being it doesn't remember which recurved you last selected. If one leaves the app having previously selected a secondary recurved receivever and then go back to the app? You have to re-select the receiver you had previously selected again. What a pain.
Other than that, works as advertised.
The reason that most people will spend $0.99 on this app is because they can’t find their remote so buying it is the only alternative. The problem is that you need to have your other remote on hand in order to even use the virtual remote, so it begs the question of what the point of the app even is.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.