The citizens of Smithsonville are in dire need of a Disaster Detector! Help Smithsonville and other cities predict and prepare for natural disasters. Use tools to make predictions and save the city from damage by helping citizens prepare properly. Are you up for the challenge?
From the Smithsonian Science Education Center, Disaster Detector teaches players how to analyze and interpret data on natural hazards to forecast future catastrophic events and how to implement tools to mitigate the effects of those disasters.
- Prepare the city for possible tornadoes, volcanic eruptions, earthquakes, and hurricanes
- Analyze data from tools such as Doppler radar, anemometers, barometers, and seismometer
- Players learn how to analyze current and historical data to make predictions
- Printable reports
- For use in the classroom or at home
- Aligned to national science standards for middle school but great for players of any age
- Audio and text interplay
Various defect fixes. New app icon.
Ratings and Reviews
Your Lucky I love weather games!
Doesn’t do anything
Perhaps what I was looking for. Shall see.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.