The official DGCourseReview (DGCR) app offering score tracking and the most current and comprehensive disc golf course information including course descriptions, locations (with driving directions), hole/par details, maps for almost every disc golf course, 100,000+ course photos and 60,000+ course reviews for over 6000 courses (and growing!).
Record your rounds/scorecards and upload them directly to your Scorebook on DGCourseReview.com for score analysis and safe keeping.
You can even upload your friend's rounds to the site and your friends can download their rounds on their own devices later! Track your scores, putts and penalty throws for each hole and keep holes notes for all the players in your group!
Wondering if a disc golf tournament is nearby? Use the app's tournament search! Out of town and lost your go-to driver or mid? The app's shop search has you covered!
The DGCourseReview App is the most comprehensive and current source of disc golf information available on iPhone.
Features and benefits include:
* Upload or sync yours or your friends scorecards directly to DGCR for backup and scoring analysis.
* Friends can sync rounds submitted to DGCR from other devices to their own device. No need to email scorecards and enter scores manually!
* Share an image of your round with friends via email, facebook, text or more!
* Uploading rounds to DGCR automatically enters you into our monthly disc giveaway! (see details on site)
* Edit your rounds on the site and sync the updated scorecard with your device.
* Round ratings for all your rounds and an overall player rating!
* Import all your rounds entered or backed up on DGCR onto any device with the DGCR app. Getting a new phone doesn't mean you have to lose your scoring data!
* Import rounds from other popular apps using the Round Importer on DGCR and sync those with the DGCR app.
* Rounds on DGCR are stored on our main server and are also backed up on another offsite server on a 5 day rolling backup schedule.
* Integrates directly with DGCourseReview to provide you with up to the minute course, tournament and shop information!
* Search for courses using a standard search form, a proximity (GPS) search or via a map interface.
* Filter your course searches using criteria ranging from hole count to the rating on DGCourseReview to how wooded a course is (among many other filters!)
* Vote on course reviews as your read them!
* Update Course Conditions from the course!
* Mark courses as played right from the app (immediately reflected on your DGCR account online)!
* Search for shops using a standard search form, a proximity search or via a map interface.
* Search for tournaments using a standard search form, a proximity search or via a map interface.
* Comprehensive tournament information including which courses will be used, registration fees, flyers, and more!
* Overall and course level score stats including average putts, best score, eagles, birdies, pars, bogies... and whatever comes after bogies!
* No in-app purchases or subscriptions!
* Much, much more!
- To import your rounds from DGCR, tap Stats -> Menu -> Import All Rounds from DGCR
- Your played courses list will be downloaded from DGCR the first time you go to the "Played Courses" list when starting a round
Official Support Forum: http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums
Ratings and Reviews
Buggy but tons of potential
I decided to go ahead and fork over the $3.99 for this app because I wanted the ability to see my player ranking at the end of each round. It was working fine until I changed the par on one hole on my home course (app is different than the posted par on the course). As soon as I did that I only get a N/A in the ranking. I finally figured out that the hole distance is automatically set blank which causes you to need to input the distance again.
I wish there was a way to recommend changes to the course inside the app. I also don’t see a way to rate a course while in the app. It would be great to be able to update course conditions and rate the course in the summary page after a round is done!
I also have issues with the app crashing after I delete a round. The deleted round still shows up in the courses played, and if you click it the app crashes.
Lastly, if I update a round it takes me back to the scorecard summary page but I can only see half of the scorecard. I can email screenshots if necessary.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback. If you could email me some info on how you were changing the par I can try to have the developer address that so you don't lose the distance. You can update conditions within the app and also at the end of the round (the latter was added recently).
Screenshots for the other issues would also be great. I can pass it all on to the developer. Also, sorry for the very late reply, I always forget to check reviews on the app store!
Pretty good app
The app is great for finding courses and tracking rounds of play. I wish I could add players in my group who were not on DGCR. If that’s possible, I’m missing something. Anyway, this app tracks rounds better than others do and is handy for keeping tabs on nearby courses when you travel. The process to sync rounds from the app into the DGCR site is a bit cumbersome. I would think it could be far more seamless. With some small additions to the app it could easily be 5 stars.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback! Can you please send me an email (or post on the forum) regarding the players thing, you should be able to add anybody to the app, no account required. I'd also be interested in hearing how you think the syncing can be made better.
This app has great potential. Just a lot of bugs and things missing. Mainly from the player part of the app. When I add my friends to the player list they show up. But after a day of playing, the next time I played all the names were doubled and automatically placed on the scorecard. Going from two players to two of each player. It is also missing the ability to delete people from the player list, like all the duplicate names the app created for some reason.
Developer Response ,
Thanks for the feedback, there were some weird user issues going on after an update. I think the developer finally has all that duplication weirdness handled. The newest version should hopefully address all the issues for you. If not, please send me an email and I'd be happy to help out with whatever problems you might have.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.