- Device wide tracker protection, 2x faster page loads, reduced bandwidth, better battery life
- Easy to use firewall, block whatever you want
- Encrypt every DNS lookup your domain makes, to prevent tracking of your web history and app usage
Secure Mode encrypts all HTTP traffic (including in-app and background) to keep your sensitive data secure.
Why secure HTTP and DNS matter? Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections are vulnerable to legal and illegal collection of your sensitive information in transit. Our technology encrypts all your DNS and HTTP connections. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our Tracker Protection technology, integrated into many popular browsers including Firefox, is now available to block trackers that invisibly collect data inside all your apps and browsers. Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers across your entire device by setting a DNS in the SmartVPN that prevents tracking domains from connecting to your device. These trackers violate your privacy, slow page loads, and waste your bandwidth and battery life. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. In our Pro application you have full control of which trackers are blocked or unblocked.
Honored to be named favorite privacy tool in the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018 and to win many awards, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection.
- Proud to help protect over 50 million people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the Today Show, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
About Disconnect Pro:
- Encrypts insecure DNS and HTTP connections
- Utilizes servers in numerous geographic locations, auto-routing to the fastest location to improve speed and lower latency
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block and connections we encrypt
- Accelerates page load speeds, reduces bandwidth, and extends battery life
- Empowers you to easily set your firewall preferences, block whatever domains you want
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
The free version of Disconnect Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Our Secure Mode requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device, which protects your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 12 month subscription
Prices for subscriptions:
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
NEW: Adds new feature "Popular Customizations" to make it easier to control your privacy.
FIXES: Fixed bug that caused free space to not be reclaimed. Improvements to stability of VPN connection, reduces lost connections and unnecessary reconnections.
Ratings and Reviews
App literally breaks iOS 12
Makes it literally impossible to update anything and if you sign out of the App Store it becomes impossible to sign back in, took me half an hour to question maybe the vpn and new features might be the cause. Turned it off and everything instantly starts working again. Little upset a new feature, that cost $25 mins you would be so breaking.
Edit: after the update functionality has greatly improved but certain things still don’t work. Streaming anything live or online (ESPN, bleacher report, hbo go, Netflix) is extremely hit or miss still. Either it works flawlessly or it just refuses to give playback until you turn it off.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a bunch for the feedback and updated review. Still very sorry anything is breaking. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the streaming issues you described. But we are in constant update mode and have another update coming very soon, which hopefully will resolve any issues you're having and provide a much easier way to turn the VPN on / off. As always, please contact email@example.com anytime.
Best Practices are easy to demand but in a fast changing intellectual industry where the very concepts of a firms existential basis can be challenged unexpectedly where even underlying altruistic goals might be tried to be redefined by the opposition who are continually denied satisfaction (and data and its accompanying value) I have found this firm to be over even this somewhat short rocky span to be quite exemplary. A sort of an old-fashioned sense of small town togetherness and honesty. It was unexpected and though I was somewhat surprised, it was refreshing. Give the app a try, sometimes a little more patient with time regarding changes from feedback bc they are in this for the long haul
👍🏻 seems good so far, needs landscape mode on iPad
I’ve just started trying it out, seems to work well so far. The recent options to block more of Facebook and Google are welcome.
My biggest gripe is the lack of landscape mode on the iPad, especially for an app that’s been around as long as this one. Some of us use our iPads almost exclusively in landscape, so it’s a real pain to have to keep turning it to its side just to use this app.
I’m also disappointed that there’s no iCloud sync between devices, I have to manually keep my settings in sync between iPhone and iPad.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 49.6 MB
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SmartVPN with Secure Mode $4.99
- SmartVPN with Secure HTTP $24.99
- Premium Toolbox $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.