Named the favorite privacy tool of the New York Times in 2016, 2017, and 2018, Disconnect offers simple to use and powerful protection.
Free device wide tracker protection and DNS encryption with our SmartVPN. Upgrade to our low cost, lightweight SmartVPN feature that encrypts all HTTP traffic to keep your sensitive information private without slowing you down or interfering with your online activity!
Your device loads thousands of unsecured HTTP and DNS connections everyday. These unencrypted connections allow criminals, corporations, and governments to look at any information being sent, or even change the contents of a website before it gets to you. Our SmartVPN technology gives you the power to encrypt all your HTTP and DNS connections.
The free version of Pro blocks privacy invasive trackers across your entire device. These trackers violate your privacy, slow page loads, and waste your bandwidth and battery life. We NEVER store or log any traffic routed through our servers and don’t track your IP address or any other personal info, except the info you volunteer.
Our tracker protection sets a DNS in the SmartVPN that blocks domains that track users. Our tracker protection is solely focused on consumer privacy and we have a well defined policy, which you can view here: https://disconnect.me/trackerprotection. We are not an ad blocker and never accept money for whitelisting. Our tracker protection has been integrated into Firefox, Samsung Internet, and other popular browsers and privacy focused applications. In our Pro application you have full control of which trackers are blocked or unblocked.
- Proud to help protect over 50 million people
- Accolades include winning the Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app 2016, 2017, 2018
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the Today Show, the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations including Consumer Reports, Mozilla, and the EFF
About Disconnect Pro:
- Encrypts insecure DNS and HTTP connections
- Utilizes servers in numerous geographic locations, auto-routing to the fastest location to improve speed and lower latency
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block and connections we encrypt
- Accelerates page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
The free version of Disconnect Pro blocks trackers and encrypts your DNS through our SmartVPN and requires no subscription.
Our Secure HTTP feature requires a subscription and encrypts all HTTP traffic on your device, which protects your sensitive details from unwanted surveillance.
Length: You can sign up for a 12 month subscription
Prices for subscriptions:
- 7-day free trial, free of charge, no commitment, cancel anytime
- Your Disconnect Pro subscription will be charged to your iTunes Account at purchase confirmation
- The monthly or annual subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
- Your iTunes Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period and identify the cost of the renewal.
- You can manage your subscription and turn auto-renewal off in your Account Settings after purchase.
Our goal is to make products you love! Your feedback is invaluable in our work to improve Disconnect with bug fixes and optimizations.
- NEW: 'Recent Connections' extension
- Improvements: Secure HTTP speed and stability
- Fix for tracker data not displaying correctly
- Fixes crash when toggling certain menus
Ratings and Reviews
App literally breaks iOS 12
Makes it literally impossible to update anything and if you sign out of the App Store it becomes impossible to sign back in, took me half an hour to question maybe the vpn and new features might be the cause. Turned it off and everything instantly starts working again. Little upset a new feature, that cost $25 mins you would be so breaking.
Edit: after the update functionality has greatly improved but certain things still don’t work. Streaming anything live or online (ESPN, bleacher report, hbo go, Netflix) is extremely hit or miss still. Either it works flawlessly or it just refuses to give playback until you turn it off.
Developer Response ,
Thanks a bunch for the feedback and updated review. Still very sorry anything is breaking. Unfortunately, we can't reproduce the streaming issues you described. But we are in constant update mode and have another update coming very soon, which hopefully will resolve any issues you're having and provide a much easier way to turn the VPN on / off. As always, please contact email@example.com anytime.
Best Practices are easy to demand but in a fast changing intellectual industry where the very concepts of a firms existential basis can be challenged unexpectedly where even underlying altruistic goals might be tried to be redefined by the opposition who are continually denied satisfaction (and data and its accompanying value) I have found this firm to be over even this somewhat short rocky span to be quite exemplary. A sort of an old-fashioned sense of small town togetherness and honesty. It was unexpected and though I was somewhat surprised, it was refreshing. Give the app a try, sometimes a little more patient with time regarding changes from feedback bc they are in this for the long haul
Needs a whitelisting option-otherwise perfect
Application works great, even works alongside another virtual private network (Personal VPN)FYI this is not a real VPN, does not mask who you are and only uses that profile in order to block tracking cookies but as I said I can be used along side any VPN'S that are listed under "Personal VPN" in settings-> VPN (bottom). Nothing rose like this on the app store. Been using it for over a year and its blocked 70,000 trackers and saved 6.3gb of data on my phone alone. Keeps getting better.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 46 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- SmartVPN with Secure HTTP $4.99
- Premium Toolbox $9.99
- SmartVPN with Secure HTTP $24.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.