"In the end, we picked Disconnect as our favorite [privacy] tool because it was the easiest to understand.” The New York Times, February 17, 2016.
Super simple to use, Disconnect Pro empowers you to control your privacy and makes your iOS experience faster and safer, and also improves battery life and reduces wasted cellular data. Disconnect Pro gives you the ability to block and visualize tracking across your entire device, protecting you inside all the apps and browsers you use.
- Over 50 million people use our software
- Amazing accolades include winning the 2015 Innovation Award for Privacy and Security at the South by Southwest Interactive festival, making the list of Popular Science’s 100 Best of What’s New and being recommended as the New York Times' favorite privacy app
- Featured on 60 Minutes, the New York Times, the Wall Street Journal, the Today Show, CNN, Wired, and many more
- Public partnerships with leading privacy/security organizations like the EFF and Mozilla
About Disconnect Pro:
- Blocks invisible tracking and next generation malware (malvertising) threats
- Allows you to actually see the trackers we block
- Accelerates page load speeds by up to 44% and reduces bandwidth by up to 39% depending on your device usage!
- Works on Wi-Fi and Cellular (2G, 3G, 4G, LTE, etc)
- Supports 32 and 64-bit devices
- Unlike browser specific products, Disconnect Pro protects you across all your applications, including mobile browsers (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, etc.)
Includes the following improvements:
- fixes issue where app UI may not match the VPN status
- removes unneeded DNS lookups used to trigger VPN on Demand
Ratings and Reviews
Needs a whitelisting option-otherwise perfect
Application works great, even works alongside another virtual private network (Personal VPN)FYI this is not a real VPN, does not mask who you are and only uses that profile in order to block tracking cookies but as I said I can be used along side any VPN'S that are listed under "Personal VPN" in settings-> VPN (bottom). Nothing rose like this on the app store. Been using it for over a year and its blocked 70,000 trackers and saved 6.3gb of data on my phone alone. Keeps getting better.
Recent connections in tools gone?
It seem like everything was working but now I have a blank page for recent connections in the tools that I paid for; Sorry gotta drop some stars until it is back.
Update: Dev responded with a promised update that could fix the issue; Adding back stars for being responsive and seems to be working after uninstalling and reinstalling. Maybe just a glitch.
Thanks for letting us know, this is not a bug we've encountered but we just pushed a big update with general blocking improvements that hopefully resolve this. Would be great to know! Also, maybe try uninstalling and re-installing the app?
Great Privacy Protection
I have always liked Disconnect products. Now in light of Facebook and Cambridge Analytica, I especially like this. I just wish that it was always on by default, so that I would have its protection automatically anytime I go out on the Internet with my iPhone. Whether browsing, checking email, social media, etc.
- Disconnect, Inc.
- 37.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, German
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Disconnect, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Premium Toolbox $9.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.