Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
Information about Discord Nitro subscriptions:
- Nitro gives you access to cool chat perks, such as animated emojis and a boosted upload rate everywhere you use Discord, including the desktop app and at discordapp.com.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
- Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current subscription period.
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. Automatic renewals will cost the same price you were originally charged for the subscription.
- You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase.
Terms of Service: https://discordapp.com/terms
- GIF autoplay now mutes your GIFs.
- GIF autoplay now no longer tries to interrupt or mix audio with other apps.
Ratings and Reviews
Discord is fine but buggy.
Discord is a great app for communication and stuff for other purposes/uses. Although, lately I spotted some issued bugs on discord. Lately, it has keep crashing for me, and won’t let me back on. Sometimes when I go fast in roles or chats or something. It crashes like nothing, and then I’m stuck outside of the app and no available to join back in, regarding this issue it made me mad. But this app does have it’s benefits. Such as great communication, and things as I said before. Therefore, the reason why I have a 3 Star. Mainly because the bugs are highly repetitive and annoying. I generally find discord great, but the app tends to crash too often and not load on back often. Which also makes me unable to communicate with other friends or people. It’s bad for IOS for some reason. That ticks me off when I see the same things not be fixed or repeating keep coming back and start to annoy me. As I write this, I even TRY to get back on, but it won’t let me and I crash, every time I get a update from discord, I get more crashes/bugs for some apparent reason in the IOS version of discord. Regarding the fact atm, I can’t even go back on discord. Discord does tick me off in many ways. Such as, the crashing, the multiple bugs, and the community itself sometimes. I would like to get noticed about this issue and others that people are currently experiencing in the IOS version of discord. - Some random guy on the internet.
Discord is a great tool for gaming, streaming, and almost anything you need out of a communication service/application. Yet it is lacking sometimes there is server lag or buggy happening on pc and the phone version usually just the phone version but its come along way and most of the bad issues are completely fixed. I just wish it was more compatible with certain devices, for example i don't have a great pc but it is good enough to play arma 2 - 3 with 60 frames yet discord likes to kill my cpu time usually freezes and such as well, despite playing with the prioity setting it higher or lower doesn't fix the problem. Ios version seems fine most of the time but sometimes has server lag or disconnects. But all in all its one of the best alternatives to paid communication services for gaming and streaming, and i am if it wasn't free it would be the best of paid applications, its simple you can create free servers and manage those servers with ease. btw in your update log you wrote "with relative easy" instead of relative ease. The best part i would say is how easy and how quickly you can create and connect with people so you can just get into your game and start playing. Thank you discord! i hope you continue to improve and fix this application, its been a few years since i have even looked at teamspeak and its all thanks to you guys|~<3
Keeps crashing and marking unread messages as read.
I like Discord for what it offers, but the iOS app crashes randomly whenever I try to load a picture, gif, song, or other upload someone else posted, and crashes when I try to post pictures quite frequently. I know that a lot of people upload stuff, so the fact that it crashes as often as it does is a major concern for me.
Another issue is that the app has decided to randomly mark all messages in random chat channels as read when I open them, even though I’ve still got dozens to read before I reach the end of the string. Or I’ll be reading the messages, and suddenly it marked all messages as read, to include ones that happen while I’m reading, and not even remotely caught up. It happens randomly, so I don’t even know what might be the issue. It might happen to a chat every time I open it, or just once in a while but it’s a bug I want to see gone. Being tagged in a message, and then having that indicator removed randomly is an issue. I don’t always have time to read everything in one sitting, so I want to be assured that I can read it later. It is a major issue when it starts you over at the end of the conversation, and doesn’t save from where you had to leave off. (This is mostly for my admin duties on servers.)
I like that I have the ability to take Discord with me, but if I can’t use it half the time, then it’s like I don’t even have it at all.
Developer Response ,
I'm so sorry about the trouble you're having with Discord, and we personally understand any frustrations you may have when running into bugs on our app! I'll be happy to forward this feedback to the team. In order to help troubleshoot the issue, could you please try to reinstall the app on your phone? Also, are you having this issue in every server and channel or is there a specific server that you're experiencing this in? If the problem is isolated in one server, could you please ask if it's a common issue amongst others in the server as well? Lastly, we're always here for you, so please feel free to reach out to us with any questions you may have at dis.gd/contact!
- Discord, Inc.
- 76.8 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Discord
- In-App Purchases
- Nitro Classic (Monthly) $4.99
- Nitro Classic (Annually) $49.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.