Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
- Discord now caches your last session. View your last visited channel and navigate in the app before fully connected. Things just got a whole lot faster.
- GIFV autoplay now supported. Is it pronounced GIF-Vh or GIF-Vee? Don't get me started on how to pronounce the G.
- And a whole lot data-save-y-er. You can now turn off GIFV autoplay in settings. We respect you and your limited data.
- And a whole lot prettier. Activity Feed news cards now mirror the desktop look.
Ratings and Reviews
Pokémon go live map
I enjoyed every part of Discord and the live alpha map until the servers became overwhelmed once the monthly community events began and we went for at least two months without using a service we had paid for-the live map whatever you would call it. I have not checked back to see if it’s been built back up or if they were able to meet the capacity of players. And that’s where everything fell behind. I’m not sure The status now, they had lots of people paying 1499 a month and offered a discount month for it to be free which was very kind and professional and necessary. I still have not looked back into it because Niantic has bitten off a little bit more than it can chew with the amount of people that love and use that app. Thank you I would really like to be able to use it again but I don’t know yet that it has been returned to function. I will say there are very intelligent and kind people that are working for discord and try their best to keep up with what they have been given. Hopefully whoever supports the hardware makes sure those people are treated quite well. I plan on taking a look into it again one day but right now there are so many new things going on it’s still attracting a little bit more traffic than it can handle. I’m dictating so blame Siri if this makes absolutely no sense. CJPVB
Discord is fine but buggy.
Discord is a great app for communication and stuff for other purposes/uses. Although, lately I spotted some issued bugs on discord. Lately, it has keep crashing for me, and won’t let me back on. Sometimes when I go fast in roles or chats or something. It crashes like nothing, and then I’m stuck outside of the app and no available to join back in, regarding this issue it made me mad. But this app does have it’s benefits. Such as great communication, and things as I said before. Therefore, the reason why I have a 3 Star. Mainly because the bugs are highly repetitive and annoying. I generally find discord great, but the app tends to crash too often and not load on back often. Which also makes me unable to communicate with other friends or people. It’s bad for IOS for some reason. That ticks me off when I see the same things not be fixed or repeating keep coming back and start to annoy me. As I write this, I even TRY to get back on, but it won’t let me and I crash, every time I get a update from discord, I get more crashes/bugs for some apparent reason in the IOS version of discord. Regarding the fact atm, I can’t even go back on discord. Discord does tick me off in many ways. Such as, the crashing, the multiple bugs, and the community itself sometimes. I would like to get noticed about this issue and others that people are currently experiencing in the IOS version of discord. - Some random guy on the internet.
Discord is a great tool for gaming, streaming, and almost anything you need out of a communication service/application. Yet it is lacking sometimes there is server lag or buggy happening on pc and the phone version usually just the phone version but its come along way and most of the bad issues are completely fixed. I just wish it was more compatible with certain devices, for example i don't have a great pc but it is good enough to play arma 2 - 3 with 60 frames yet discord likes to kill my cpu time usually freezes and such as well, despite playing with the prioity setting it higher or lower doesn't fix the problem. Ios version seems fine most of the time but sometimes has server lag or disconnects. But all in all its one of the best alternatives to paid communication services for gaming and streaming, and i am if it wasn't free it would be the best of paid applications, its simple you can create free servers and manage those servers with ease. btw in your update log you wrote "with relative easy" instead of relative ease. The best part i would say is how easy and how quickly you can create and connect with people so you can just get into your game and start playing. Thank you discord! i hope you continue to improve and fix this application, its been a few years since i have even looked at teamspeak and its all thanks to you guys|~<3
- Discord, Inc.
- 81.6 MB
- Social Networking
Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Discord
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.