Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
- In-app message notifications so you can see messages in real time for ultimate alertness.
- In-app server connection status notifications so you know when our servers are being doodie.
- Beefed up the server welcome message for ultimate welcomeness.
- Added invite suggestions for new and existing servers. No more awkwardly trying to decide who to invite.
- Voice over accessibility did not like listening previously. It is now much more attentive. Good boy.
- Server sorting now SUPPORTED
- Audit log ACTIVATED
- Disable animated emojis ENGAGED
- Edit permission crash DISMANTLED
Ratings and Reviews
Great for going at your own pace
On discord, a lot of potential stress about interacting with people is taken away since it’s mostly through text. (But there is also a verbal chat option if you prefer talking) If spending time with people in person wears you out or is stressful to you, discord is a great way to make friends at your own pace.
Edit: Since the new update, there have been in app notifications that block other things and can’t be turned off. In order to stop them, you have to mute everything which would also get rid of notifications out of the app which I do not want to turn off. These really takes away from the experience. I’ve seen developer responses on other reviews saying they are working on a way to disable the in app notifications and this will be in the next update. I really hope that update comes soon. Until then, I’m lowering my rating of a 5 out of 5 stars to a 4 out of 5 stars.
This App Is THE BEST! It’s awesome and I can talk to friends keep up the good work discord,
The app is great
The app is awesome and the new update is awesome but when I go into the voice settings, the app crashes! PLEASE fix that so the app won't crash again!
- Discord, Inc.
- 68.8 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2018 Discord
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.