Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
SLOW IT DOWN
* **Chill things out with Slow Mode.** Enabled, users will only be able to send messages every N seconds. Chaos control.
* **Message grouping is now in seven minute intervals** instead of every hour. This will make it clearer when you have larger time frames between sequential messages.
* **You can now paste GIFs into the text input** so you can better compose whatever unfunny thing you're trying to post.
* **Retina images render at higher pixel density now** rather than being rendered at peasant density.
FIX IT UP
* **Fixed a crash** when pruning large guilds and when voice chatting with Discord in the background. To be clear, less crashing is good.
* **Group DM icon was positioned badly** and we removed the badly.
* **Fixed a loading issue with settings.** They load now. I'm running out of ideas.
* **Nearby Friends** is no longer an entitled and ungrateful brat. Will not ask you for bluetooth access after you already gave it once.
* **Nearby Friends** will also no longer attempt to search with wifi off. What a weirdo.
* **Hey guess what NEARBY FRIENDS AGAIN.** Wumpus animation is cleaned up a bit.
* **No more ghost messages** reappearing in your text bar after you sent them. Way too spooky to keep in the app.
Ratings and Reviews
Improving, bit by bit
Discord is a lovely app. The range of options, customization, and ways to interact is astounding. The options keep growing, and piece by piece, it comes together! I use it to chat all around and find it as a wonderful alternative to the options out there. (cough, skype.) However, the app still has some growing to do:
•The bug where a message duplicates and moves up, then is stuck there on every chat in the same place, overlaying itself across the screen, is still ever present. It’s a bit better since you don’t have to go hunting for the chat you lost, but still annoying and unintentional.
•Some images and links have trouble loading. The image will show up fine in chat, and the link opens in Safari great, but tapping it to zoom in mid-app use causes the image to fail loading. Frustrating when trying to read something with low amounts of small text. This might also be a Tumblr thing, since this is most common with links from there.
•A bit of an issue when opening settings while the keyboard was out somewhere else; the grey rectangle for covering up typing when the keyboard is out stays out, while the keyboard is put away. It obscures the lower half of the screen, goes away after a bit (~10 seconds,) but is still unintentional and not fun.
There are probably more others will tell you. Not sure where you’ll go next, but I’m awaiting the trip. Many loves 💛💜
Hey there, I'm really sorry for the server issues that have been going on recently. It's been smooth sailing in the last few days, but we've got a detailed explanation of the server issues over here if you're interested: https://status.discordapp.com/incidents/mpzkz7m4fzpt
The app isnt there, but my phone thinks it IS there?
So Discord generally seems like a good app to me, except for one problem that just kinda... Happened? Theres a Japanese game app i have that just loves to redownload itself in the app if you have too much storage (i dont know why, and i doubt it can interfere with the Discord app), and so i had to go through my phone and delete a bunch of stuff. The app also likes to reset itself (and its downloading progress) and so i redownloaded Discord, but... It was deleted again, or i thought. Once i got the app to download itself i did do a few things on it but then it reset, and ive taken up enough storage so that it tries to constantly download itself while im in the app, but Discord was deleted. My friend recently messaged me saying they sent me a friend request on Discord, but when i went to go get it back it didnt give me the option to download it again, instead it just has the "open" button... Which does nothing if i tap it, it wont appear on my home screen, and in storage i cant offload or delete Discord to try to redownload it afterwards, offloading does nothing and "deleting" makes it dissapear for a second but then just reappears, and the app icon is blank for some reason
The thing i mostly want to know is if this may have been a problem with the app, app store, or something else, and if someone here can help me fix it so i can get back on discord.
One of the worst iOS App experiences I’ve ever had
I love discord, my friends and I use it as our main means of communication. However, that means I expect a lot out of this app, and when I need to message a friend or join a voice call I expect the app to work. Sadly, the majority of the time it just doesn’t. Even with a fairly new iPhone 7, which has no issues anywhere else, discord finds a way to make me fear my phone is broken only to find out it’s just the app not recognizing my headphones or crashing for the umpteenth time. At times I try to open the app just to have it crash multiple, and I stress MULTIPLE, times before I’m able to finally establish a connection with our server. Not to mention crashes once the app has actually opened; good luck trying to open a gif or send a photo from a bit far back in your photo album. The weirdest by far is the headphone issue. I for the longest time thought it was on my end, I went through three separate pairs of earbuds trying to get them to work—even trying an older pair with an auxiliary to lightning adapter—only to find that once I tested them in any app other than discord they worked fine.
I want to love this app. Like I said, I love discord itself, the Mac version is wonderful, but for the love of Swift 3.0 I’ve never had such a horrible app experience with a platform I love so much.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the iOS version of discord; at least until some major bug fixes have been implemented.
Hey iBenlo! I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our iOS app! Your feedback was definitely heard by our team, and we've recently made some drastic updates to our iOS app. You can learn more about the changes and fixes in our change log notes, and we hope that you'll give our app another try! Could you please try to update your app to the latest version in order to gain access to all the new buffs the Discord app gained? Also, could you please press the Airplay button when in a voice call to select which input/output device you'd like to use? If you're still having any issues with the app, we're always available to answer any of your questions at dis.gd/contact! Lastly, we want to thank you for your love and support so far for Discord, our team is constantly working hard to create the best version of Discord for our fans!
- Discord, Inc.
- 74 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- © 2018 Discord
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.