Discord is the only cross-platform voice and text chat app designed specifically for gamers. With the iOS app you can stay connected to all your Discord voice and text channels even while AFK. It is perfect for chatting with team members, seeing who is playing online, and catching up on text conversations you may have missed.
Download Discord and experience modern game communication:
- Voice chat: Join voice channels and chat with your group
- Real-time text messaging: Share video, gifs, emojis in text rich chat
- Push notifications: Never miss a thing with @mentions and direct messages
- Instant invite: Easily add friends to your server by sharing the Instant Invite link
- Direct messages: Send one-to-one private messages
- Multiple server support: Manage all your game groups in one client
- Channel categories: Organize and customize your channel listings
- Roles & Permissions: Robust permission system that lets you assign customized roles to any user
- Video Chat: See your friends in the wild (or their couch)
- Stay connected: Access Discord voice and text chat while AFK
Have questions, problems, or feedback? Reach out to us at email@example.com.
- You can now add nearby people as friends with the power of WiFi and Bluetooth. Open the Add Friends screen and turn on the Nearby feature by tapping Find Friends. Stand near your IRL friend who also has this screen open and wait for them to magically appear on your screen. Keep the screen open otherwise the feature turns off.
- Autocomplete is now better at autopomcleting!
- The reactions pop-up underwent some performance improvements for those in servers with a million custom emoji.
- Quickswitcher now shows results properly. We've calmed the sickness that comes with the quickness.
Ratings and Reviews
Improving, bit by bit
Discord is a lovely app. The range of options, customization, and ways to interact is astounding. The options keep growing, and piece by piece, it comes together! I use it to chat all around and find it as a wonderful alternative to the options out there. (cough, skype.) However, the app still has some growing to do:
•The bug where a message duplicates and moves up, then is stuck there on every chat in the same place, overlaying itself across the screen, is still ever present. It’s a bit better since you don’t have to go hunting for the chat you lost, but still annoying and unintentional.
•Some images and links have trouble loading. The image will show up fine in chat, and the link opens in Safari great, but tapping it to zoom in mid-app use causes the image to fail loading. Frustrating when trying to read something with low amounts of small text. This might also be a Tumblr thing, since this is most common with links from there.
•A bit of an issue when opening settings while the keyboard was out somewhere else; the grey rectangle for covering up typing when the keyboard is out stays out, while the keyboard is put away. It obscures the lower half of the screen, goes away after a bit (~10 seconds,) but is still unintentional and not fun.
There are probably more others will tell you. Not sure where you’ll go next, but I’m awaiting the trip. Many loves 💛💜
Hey there, I'm really sorry for the server issues that have been going on recently. It's been smooth sailing in the last few days, but we've got a detailed explanation of the server issues over here if you're interested: https://status.discordapp.com/incidents/mpzkz7m4fzpt
One of the worst iOS App experiences I’ve ever had
I love discord, my friends and I use it as our main means of communication. However, that means I expect a lot out of this app, and when I need to message a friend or join a voice call I expect the app to work. Sadly, the majority of the time it just doesn’t. Even with a fairly new iPhone 7, which has no issues anywhere else, discord finds a way to make me fear my phone is broken only to find out it’s just the app not recognizing my headphones or crashing for the umpteenth time. At times I try to open the app just to have it crash multiple, and I stress MULTIPLE, times before I’m able to finally establish a connection with our server. Not to mention crashes once the app has actually opened; good luck trying to open a gif or send a photo from a bit far back in your photo album. The weirdest by far is the headphone issue. I for the longest time thought it was on my end, I went through three separate pairs of earbuds trying to get them to work—even trying an older pair with an auxiliary to lightning adapter—only to find that once I tested them in any app other than discord they worked fine.
I want to love this app. Like I said, I love discord itself, the Mac version is wonderful, but for the love of Swift 3.0 I’ve never had such a horrible app experience with a platform I love so much.
Do yourself a favor and stay away from the iOS version of discord; at least until some major bug fixes have been implemented.
Hey iBenlo! I'm so sorry to hear that you've had a poor experience with our iOS app! Your feedback was definitely heard by our team, and we've recently made some drastic updates to our iOS app. You can learn more about the changes and fixes in our change log notes, and we hope that you'll give our app another try! Could you please try to update your app to the latest version in order to gain access to all the new buffs the Discord app gained? Also, could you please press the Airplay button when in a voice call to select which input/output device you'd like to use? If you're still having any issues with the app, we're always available to answer any of your questions at dis.gd/contact! Lastly, we want to thank you for your love and support so far for Discord, our team is constantly working hard to create the best version of Discord for our fans!
Pokémon go live map
I enjoyed every part of Discord and the live alpha map until the servers became overwhelmed once the monthly community events began and we went for at least two months without using a service we had paid for-the live map whatever you would call it. I have not checked back to see if it’s been built back up or if they were able to meet the capacity of players. And that’s where everything fell behind. I’m not sure The status now, they had lots of people paying 1499 a month and offered a discount month for it to be free which was very kind and professional and necessary. I still have not looked back into it because Niantic has bitten off a little bit more than it can chew with the amount of people that love and use that app. Thank you I would really like to be able to use it again but I don’t know yet that it has been returned to function. I will say there are very intelligent and kind people that are working for discord and try their best to keep up with what they have been given. Hopefully whoever supports the hardware makes sure those people are treated quite well. I plan on taking a look into it again one day but right now there are so many new things going on it’s still attracting a little bit more traffic than it can handle. I’m dictating so blame Siri if this makes absolutely no sense. CJPVB
- Discord, Inc.
- 66.1 MB
- Social Networking
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- © 2018 Discord
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.