Total Transit (prev. Discount Cab)
By 2pointB, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Our Total Transit app connects you to Discount Cab, private cars and more, with an enhanced on-demand experience. Our experienced drivers provide reliability, safety and comfort in our pristine vehicles.
All of our vehicles carry commercial liability insurance and all of our drivers have been trained, passed extensive background checks and drug screenings.
With this app, you can:
- See nearby vehicles and book a ride by simply setting your pick up location on the map.
- Enter your destination to see an estimate of your fare.
- Once you book a ride, you can keep an eye on the map and watch as your car approaches.
You’ll see details about the driver and the vehicle so you’ll know when your car arrives.
- When you arrive at your destination, we’ll charge your credit card on file for the trip – no need to swipe a card or wait around for a receipt.
- After the trip, add an optional tip and rate your driver and a receipt will be emailed directly to you.
Total Transit, including Discount Cab, private cars and more is currently available in Phoenix and Tucson. Coming soon to your city!
Covered by U.S. Patent No. 9,020,842
What's New in Version 3.0.3
As apps for cabs go it's similar to the competition. Where they miss out - total fail, it the inability to pre-book a cab, something Uber etc doesn't offer, but for business travellers like myself is a need.
You could improve the app by allowing this function.
I LOVE Discount Cab - very loyal customer when I lived in Phoenix. I downloaded this app to get a ride to the airport and could not get it to work properly.
The first attempt was to book a ride to the airport an hour advance. That reservation worked but it scheduled the trip for immediately instead of the scheduled time which resulted in a $10 cancellation fee (luckily the driver took care of that).
The second attempt to book a driver just kept the app spinning endlessly and then cancelling the request.
Eventually I had to book an Uber - which I'm not a fan of. Would have rather given my business to a cabbie.
FIX THE APP!
Looks good but first experience was dreadful. Thought I had booked a ride for later in the day, saw it in future trips etc. but when time came, no trip showed up.