Discourse is the 100% open source discussion platform built for the next decade of the Internet. It works as:
- a mailing list
- a discussion forum
- a long-form chat room
The application provides:
- Real time push notifications *
- At a glance tell how many unread/new topics your forums have by looking at the app icon
- A central spot to view all notifications, unread counts and new counts
- Uses Safari as the website browser, no need to log in again
* For officially hosted Discourse forums
Overall performance improvements and bug fixes.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it needs to do
IMO it is not a problem that the app opens a web View for you to interact with discourse itself. Discourse provides such a solid mobile browsing experience anyway that building a native app which would improve upon what the mobile web version does would require a ton more work than most people realize. I think that managing notifications and providing a unified location for accessing the discourse instances that you follow is a perfect sweet spot for this app and so far it has served that role well.
Nothing but a browser
This app is literally nothing but a web browser. As others have said, when you tap on a forum, it will open up a safari viewing window. It’s useless and you’re better off adding the forum to your home screen as an app. I, too, wish that they could have made this a real app; it shouldn’t be very difficult.
Just a Web View
The only useful thing this app provides is notifications. When you tap a forum it literally just opens a Safari View Controller and calls it a day. I wish time was spent making this a real native app.
- Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
- 7.4 MB
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © Civilized Discourse Construction Kit, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.