Discover English with Ben & Bella - Learn all about the Zoo
By WITS Interactive
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
With the BEN & BELLA “AT THE ZOO” APP, learning is made interactive for children!
Developed to be played on the iPhone and iPad, the Ben & Bella “At the Zoo” App is the first in a series of interactive applications to encourage children up to 7 years old to discover English and expand their English-learning skills. Approved by teachers, parents and toddlers alike, the app focuses on simplicity and ease of use.
Like all Ben & Bella products, it is based on the pedagogical principle of immersive learning, in which children acquire new words by simultaneously hearing and “seeing” them and understanding their meaning through the context. Children are plunged into a complete English-language environment that is lively, varied and – above all – lots of fun.
With this app, your child’s knowledge is boosted by:
*learning the names and sounds of 34 different animals
*reading, understanding and counting numbers from 0-10
*learning about size, distance, patterns and grouping
*being introduced to concepts such as small–big, near–far and odd one out
*enhancing problem-solving skills
*improving fine-motor skills
The 7 different games included in the app are:
* Find the Animal: After hearing their names, children must find the right animals. This game teaches animal names and sounds; it also encourages concentration and correct pronunciation.
* Matching Pairs: Search for the animals hidden behind bushes and rocks and find the matching pairs. This game teaches animal names, sounds and the concept of grouping; it also trains children’s memory.
* Find the Color: Pick the right color on a multi-colored animal. While teaching the names of colors, this game encourages children to listen and look carefully.
* Pick the Odd One Out: Find the odd animal in the group. Children must concentrate in order to distinguish one from the other.
* Find the Biggest/Smallest Animal: Children must identify the biggest or smallest among groups of similar animals. This game teaches animal names and trains children to focus.
* Count the Number of Animals: This game’s “read aloud” function allows children to count the number of animals, enhancing their number learning and counting skills.
* Find the Farthest/Nearest Animal: Children must identify farthest or nearest among groups of similar animals. This game teaches animal names and how to distinguish distances.
* a full English voice-over
* an interface that toddlers / pre-schoolers will find simple and intuitive
* a “read aloud” function that helps in pronunciation of words and numbers
* colorful high-resolution artwork and lively music that keep children engaged
* interactive animal stickers allowing children to create their own zoo
* a reward screen showing a child’s achievement
After finishing certain games, children will enjoy creating their own zoo on the screen by picking animals of their choice; these can be saved to the photo gallery and also e-mailed to friends and family. The reward screen featuring a child’s achievements compels him or her to perform better.
Engaging, entertaining and easy to understand, the Ben & Bella “At the Zoo” App enhances young children’s English learning while they are having fun. Don’t let your child miss out!
What's New in Version 1.1
Minor textual corrections & bug fixes.
Were fun game!
I like the idea and mechanichs of the game. It is very fun for kids. I've found some minor control issues: on iphone tap on colors can be hard due of small sizes of coolred parts; when you create your zoo there is bug for animals dragging; in tutorial lest screen the next button exists but doesn't work, instead you have tap 'got it' button.
Maybe too easy, but well done
The artwork and the narration is really nice; my three year old could follow easily, not being able to read but following the narration. It's very forgiving (and kind of silly when you get things wrong, which can be fun in itself) and makes nice particle effects when you get thins right. :)
Best Game Ever
This game is amazing! At first I was running out of space and my habitats was crowded. I had the other reviews and they said this has happened to them, all you have to do is watch this game. Overall nice game keeping my interest. A few minor loading issues and a few bugs. I like the game, good job.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Jan 10, 2014
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 60.5 MB
- Languages: English, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Seller: Hitesh C Jain
- © WITS Interactive Pvt. Ltd.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.