Discovering Emotions with Zeely - Educational Tool for Learning Emotions
By Virtual EyeSee
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"Discovering Emotions with Zeely’s simple and easy interface will make it a breeze for kids to learn about different emotions and where they might see them."Autismpluggedin
Discovering Emotions with Zeely is an innovative new educational tool that teaches children how to identify emotions and practice recognizing facial expressions. Friendly characters motivate the child to play the game independently. Developed in association with child psychologists and speech and language pathologists, playing the game provides structured repetition and practice of basic emotion recognition skills.
Discovering Emotions with Zeely has been designed to assist parents, educators, and therapists working with children with Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers Syndrome, ADHD or other special needs (eg. Down Syndrome, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder, Traumatic Brain Injury). Detailed data collection and reporting tools assist with tracking the child's progress and sharing the information between clinic, home and school.
* Educational game for teaching emotions and emotion recognition
* Friendly characters and engaging game keeps children motivated
* Easy and clear navigation allows children to operate the app independently
* Provides instruction, structured repetition and practice
* Designed for parents, educators and therapists
* Three different learning modes with progressive levels of difficulty
* Detailed data collection and reporting give a clear picture of child’s progress
* Pre and post evaluation is supported
* Clear photographs of a wide variety of real faces
* Familiar settings, such as a playground, cinema, museum and theme park, provide social context
* Children can hear or read game instructions – OpenDyslexic font increases readability for children with dyslexic http://opendyslexic.org/
**ZeelyAdventures requires iPad2 and above. It will run with reduced animation on an iPad 1 see support page for further details.
Metro News - "New app helps autistic kids decode facial expressions" http://metronews.ca/news/ottawa/952146/new-app-helps-autistic-kids-decode-facial-expressions/#
580 CFRA News Talk Radio - http://zeelyadventures.com/press/in-the-news/2014/02/580-cfra-news-talk-radio-on-target-ottawa-with-shelley-mclean-january-25th-2014/
Data collected for reporting within the app is not shared with other applications on your device or with any other devices on the network
Find out more at ZeelyAdventures.com, follow us on Twitter @ZeelyAdventures and Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/ZeelyAdventures