Discovery is a utility that displays all of the Bonjour services available on the local network or on Wide-Area Bonjour domains. Use it to debug your latest program, detect computers connected to your network, or just keep tabs on what services are available. Perfect for network admins or developers!
This application is the successor to the venerable Bonjour Browser.app.
• Browses for services on local or remote domains using Bonjour
• Automatically detects all available local domains and services
• Displays information about each service, including domain name, IP address(es), and TXT record
• Fixes an issue with incorrect label truncation after expanding and collapsing a service many times.
• Fixes a rare crash that could occur with malformed services.
• Changed the item count suffix text to be more self-explanatory.
• Option-clicking a domain to collapse it now collapses all service types as well.
Ratings and Reviews
Very useful for watching the local network
This is a very simple application which is very useful in specific circumstances — when you need to know what devices are on your local network, what services they provide, etc. With HomeKit devices which support WiFi, for example, you can match their name, IP address, and MAC address. You can see which computers have SSH enabled, or screen sharing. (Assuming they’re enabled through the normal OS X mechanisms, which support Bonjour.) A great addition to the toolkit of OS X network administrators (including advanced home users).
Great tool !
Great small, focused app showing the services published on your local network - nothing more, nothing less.
Solid implementation. It has never crashed on me.
Every net admin (and many power users) should have it always at their fingertips.
So excited to have a 64-bit version of Bonjour Browser! Thanks for updating this indispensable app!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.