DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.20.37
- Kids Profile! Create an age-appropriate profile for your children to watch their favorite DVR, On Demand and Transferred content.
- On Demand : quickly scroll by alphabet.
- Bug fixes.
New version is slower with more buffering interruptions
We just updated the iPad Air to iOS 9 and installed the new Dish Anywhere App. The new one is slower than the previous one and has more buffering interruptions, even in Auto or SD. Our home network has about 0.5 MB/S upload speed. The previous version would adjust the video quality to make it work. The new version has better video but with more buffering interruptions. Thought we had backed up the previous app, but can't find it so we're stuck with the new one. If you don't have a large upload speed on your receiver network, I would suggest you stay with whatever version you have that works, or make sure to backup your previous version before upgrading to the new version in the event you want to go back. I wish the Dish Anywhere App could better on-the-fly tune it's configuration to present a better uninterrupted video even with degraded quality rather than get stuck on higher video quality with more buffering interruptions.
Continues to be unreliable
Transferring show is hit or miss. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. There is no means of diagnosing the problem, do you don't know if it's the Hopper, the WiFi, your iPad, lack of avail. memory, or the Dish Anywhere application itself. They use a green line to indicate status, but that same green line indicates a multitude of different things, depending on what you're doing with no way to touch it and have the current meaning displayed. In its latest meltdown, it simply ceased transferring any shows after restarting everything, confirming it was seeing the network by logging out and back in, I finally had to delete and reload the app. That, of course, eliminated all the shows I'd transferred before the problem showed up, including ABC shows that cannot be reloaded because ABC wants to limit or "fair use" rights.
Very intuitive and easy to use. This would be a perfect app IF it would stop telling me I have no internet connection (when I can clearly see I am connected to the Internet) and ceases to continue to play.
The other problem is that if I don't force quit this app (from running in background) it only brings up a black screen after choosing a show, however, the sound is intact.
I am on an ipad2, running latest iOS version.