DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.20.19
- New Home screen makes it easier to find content to watch quickly
- Use your iPad to control any TV in your house with added support for your Joeys
- Know where your service technician is with the "Where's My Tech" feature
- More content to watch with the addition of Disney and Showtime On Demand content
U would think after 2 years "Dish" could get it stable????
I have been using this app for 2 years now & I have a love hate relationship w it. I can't live w/out it but sadly makes me hate on dish more often than not. I will never understand why they can't get it together already. Every update hurts a part of it. Never has an update fixed everything. Why???? Is it solo complicated for "Dish" to get it stable with all functions working. Still anxiously hoping that "Dish" gets it together. I signed for 1 more year & if they haven't got their crap together by stabilizing it & making all functions work properly I will try "direct TV" when my year is up in March 2016. That"ll b 3 yrs. of waiting patiently for "Dish" to get it right already. My motto is 3 strikes ur out so I'm giving dish 3 years like I said. Time is almost out just about 6 more months til I'm done.
I've been using this app for a couple years now. In the beginning, it was okay. My home bandwidth does not allow me to use the 'anywhere' features of the app so I primarily use it as my channel guide. Unfortunately, that small, simple aspect of the app is the most frustrating and becomes more and more useless with each update. Why do I want to see 7pm programming when it is 8pm? Why are 9pm shows listed in the 8pm time blocks? Can't be that difficult to correct these things. Are the updates even tested before being released? Does anyone at DISH actually use this app? I'll be switching to cable TV shortly so hopefully this becomes a non-issue for me but for now, sub-standard at best.
Frustrated and Disappointed!!
I am so disappointed that I was unable to connect my iPad mini to my sling. After an hour of trying everything I can think of, I still kept getting the error message saying to check the Internet connection on the sling. The connection to my sling is fine as I had no issues testing that. After all the problems I've had with the sling losing reception for ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! You would think this application would work. I hope you get it fixed ASAP!!!!