The Dish For My RV - Dish Network Satellite Finder app will quickly allow you to determine if any obstacles like trees or buildings are in the way before you attempt to setup your satellite dish.
It's easy to use the Dish For My RV - Dish Network Satellite Finder! Simply point your iPhone towards the southern sky and see on the live camera where the satellites are. You can then easily determine if there are any obstacles preventing you from receiving a satellite signal. This is the ultimate line-of-sight tool!!!
Use this app when camping, RV'ing, tailgating or at home. Use it anytime you need to know if those tree's, buildings or any other type of obstacle might be in the way.
The following Dish Network satellites are supported: 61.5°w, 72.7°w, 77°w, 110°w, 118.7°w, 119°w and 129°w.
This is accomplished by using the iPhones built in video camera with an overlay of all the Dish Network residential satellites as dots in the sky.
To use, simply point your iPhone towards the southern sky and see everything on the live video screen. The Dish Network satellites will show up as red dots as you move your iPhone around, allowing you to quickly and easily determine if there are any obstructions in the way.
- See the satellites move on the screen with live video, everything is realtime!
- Use it anywhere!!!
- Does not require cell service or Internet connectivity.
- Simple and fast, requires no technical knowledge or configuration to use.
- Take screenshots by tapping anywhere on the screen.
- Change the sight color by swiping left or right.
This software allows you to see if satellite reception is plausible at your current location and is not intended to help align your dish.
When using this application the iPhones internal compass is used to help locate satellites in the sky. It is extremely important that this software is used outdoors away from objects that can cause interference to the compass. Any compass interference will cause the satellites to move sporadically. Please avoid using this software by any object that can cause magnetic interference.
For questions or feature requests please contact email@example.com
We've worked hard to make this the best release yet!
- IOS 11 fully supported
- Added support for the iPhone 8, 8 Plus and iPhone X
- You can now change the color of the sights by swiping left or right.
- More accurate then ever!
Ratings and Reviews
Bought it in hopes of getting a general direction of satellites and make sure trees were not in line of site. Well trees were ok but when I started aiming the dish where sats should be at least according to another web site, no signal any where. Went by what the receiver said and that azimuth was in western sky so no way that would work. So had to wind up calling dish to get pointed. Come to find out sats we're not where app said or where receiver said after putting in zip and using sat #110 or 118.
Bottom line, the dish RV app is no where near accurate. I guess about 30 degs off. No I would not recommend. Also using the tool on the setup may be accurate depending on where you are.
It really works!!!
I read the reviews and seemed like this app has gotten better more recently. I rolled the dice, spent the $10 and gave it a try. I was camping in a state park with lots of trees. I used the app and found a “window “ between the trees to aim my Dish Tailgater. It worked!!!! I’m using the app on an iPhone 7 Plus. Great product and easy to use.
Full time RVer
5+. First time I used this app, in heavy woods. Found window through trees canopy, set satellite dish in that location and first time locked in on 119. Wish I could show you a photo of this area and the small area through the trees canopy I had to work with. (iPhone 6) also works on my iPad mini. Love it !!!
- Michael Berg
- 8.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad 2 Wi-Fi + 3G, iPad Wi‑Fi + Cellular (3rd generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (4th generation), iPad mini Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), iPad Pro (11-inch), and iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (3rd generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Data Apples
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.