Breakthrough DTS Play-Fi(R) technology powers simple, great-sounding whole-home wireless audio systems for smartphones and tablets. You can stream your favorite tunes over Wi-Fi right from the Dish Music app to speakers from DTS Play-Fi product partners. It's a huge step up from Bluetooth - the audio quality and reliability are outstanding, and you can enjoy music from your phone in one room, or all your rooms.
The "Hi-Fi over Wi-Fi" listening experience is just a touch away, thanks to this handy app. Choose a speaker, choose a song, and your favorite tunes are streaming all through the house.
The app offers built-in streaming options: stream from worldwide music services; use AM/FM and Internet radio, connect to DLNA servers, or play anything from your device's music library, including your iTunes playlists. The app automatically organizes and indexes the music for you.
The app also handles set-up for your speakers, and gives you full control of volume and speaker selection. Choose one, set up speaker groups, or stream to all of them at once. Manage speaker groups for Spotify Connect, too.
Please also note that the Dish Music app is companion software to audio products enabled with Play-Fi technology. It is not intended as a stand-alone audio player.
• Alexa Cast: DTS Play-Fi products that support “Works with Alexa” can now use the Cast functionality in supported apps, like Amazon Music
• Sling: The above products can now have the audio playback transferred to them from the phone/tablet when streaming from Deezer, iHeartRadio, Internet Radio, Napster, Pandora, Qobuz, SoundMachine, or Tidal
• Play-Fi Playlists: Save any queue of songs from any of our music services as a Play-Fi Playlist to easily recall your custom track lists
• Sync Helper: Automatic synchronization calibration for DTS Play-Fi products connected to hardware that has additional audio processing
• App Presets & Recents: View and recall your most recent streaming sessions, and manually save any to a Preset in the app
• Global Play Queue: Create and edit a queue across multiple sources
• New Music Service: SOUNDMACHINE – Music for Business
• Airplay discovery bug fix
• More Play-Fi products now support Works With Alexa
Ratings and Reviews
Bummer with Smart TV
Worked great at first, but then the third time it somehow ripped my playlist right off my iphone & I had to redownload from itunes! Weird thing was it only removed my Messianic playlist & songs... (Anti-Semitic prejudice from an app?) Not likely, but it happened. (Who is monitoring through.. Smart TV, how much ACCESS do they have?)
What's the point in having this app if I can't use it in my car??!!... Right off the bat it said connect to wifi!!... That's just absolutely STUPID considering I'm sitting right in front of my tv... I can just tune in on my tv... DUH!!.. STUPID STUPID STUPID!!! Get with the times DISH... If a person has internet on a device .. Then they should be able to use this app... WITHOUT WIFI!!!...
I love the idea of this app. However, even though it does have the list icon, it doesn't play lists. And I really don't want to listen to all my songs alphabetically. It also will not let me control the volume through my phone.
- DTS, Inc.
- 246.5 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2018
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.