DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 7.0.45
Best streaming app I've ever used
I've been using SlingMedia (the technology core of Dish Anywhere) for years and the performance has always been more about the Internet bandwidth you have than the technology itself. So if the stream stops periodically and restarts, it's more of an Internet issue than an App issue.
Having said that, Dish Anywhere is the best integration of your media provider and SlingMedia's technology. I have watched my favorite shows on my iPad in hotels from half way around the world and am very grateful for what I get. If you're a Dish subscriber, get this App. If your device can also stream to your TV (I use Apple's Airplay) it's like being at home.
Good when it works
But when it doesn't work, it is horrible.
Controls are touchy. Jumping forward may cause it to hang up. Jumping back 10 seconds may take longer than 10 seconds and you end up a few seconds ahead instead of 10 seconds back. And this is all on good, high speed connections. Hasn't worked at all last couple of days. Been getting only a frame every 2-3 seconds. Networks on both ends are fine.
It doesn't seem to cache any content as it streams otherwise the skip ahead 30 seconds and skip back 10 seconds would be almost instantaneous.
Great idea and good when it works, but it is so touchy that it is a pain to use.
Absolutely Unbelievably Good
I am so impressed with Dish's app to connect me to my OWN TV shows, recordings, favorites, etc. It is as simple as clicking on the app, letting the internet connection boot up and boom.....you're into your own TV! I have watched shows that I've recorded from Australia! (And I live in New York). I just finished a recording while visiting Florida. If you have Dish - this is a MUST. If you don't have dish - why?