DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.14.4
- Bug fixes
Very poor app
The Dish Anywhere service is a great idea. The actual service itself doesn’t work. And this app is beyond poor.
1) The app constantly loses communication with the Hopper box in my house, even when my iPad is AT HOME on the same network.
2) Transferring movies takes FOREVER. Example, last night started 5 movies transferring. Eight hours later it has only finished three of them.
3) It does not remember where you are in the middle of the movie if you stop watching before the movie is over (i.e. it always starts over at the beginning of the movie).
4) It is impossible to actually watch a movie directly from the Hopper box (i.e. not locally transferred to the iPad).
5) Also cannot watch Dish Anywhere through the web site either (always fails within minutes of starting the movie).
There’s no excuse for network issues within my house (my home network works beautifully with every other service or app I run). I can see where network issues from my house to a remote location may not be only Dish’s issue, but regardless the service doesn’t work as advertised. Expect a class action suit soon.
Forgot to add, the app has the gall to pop up a message on the iPad to either rate it at 5 stars or don’t rate it at all. Talk about pushy.
Happy with Hopper & dish anywhere
The Hopper + Dishanywhere app is saving me lots of money by allowing me to record content and transfer it to mobile devices. I can also watch live tv anywhere I have wifi access. Sure, sometimes the video quality is not great, and I've had some glitches transferring recorded videos to my mobile devices. However the service is way ahead of the competition and offered at a competitive price.
No Internet Connection
Love the concept of the app and love the capabilities. What I don’t love is the constant “No Internet Connection” that pops up every 30 seconds or so. My WiFi is strong, and any device to it is fine. I can even surf the internet on the iPad while downloading shows, yet, it will say “No Internet connection” and thirty to 60 seconds later, it goes away, continues the download until a minute or two later.
It takes hours just to download a few shows because it keeps dropping the internet connection. Again, the internet connection works find on the iPad as it is only happening with this app.