DISH Anywhere for iPad
By DISH Network LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch every TV channel you get at home on your iPad. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Now with thousands of On Demand movies and TV shows from HBO, Cinemax, Epix, and many more networks!
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide, On Demand & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPad and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF.
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notifications about your favorite leagues and teams.
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers, but do have an online DISH account can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 7.5.0
- Bug Fixes
- Performance Improvements
I don't use the tv anymore
I watch all my shows on iPad. Works great
If you want to easily skip commercials, set the default to prepaid shows for download. It will take 10-15 seconds to download to your hard drive that way. Once downloaded, it's skips ahead quickly. An added plus to downloading is that you can watch the show anywhere without a wifi connection.
For those complaining about not getting the machine to connect, try taping your hopper name in the bottom left corner. It will turn on your hopper and connect easily.
Good as long as you stay in it
I have been with the Dish App since they first started. Lord knows the picture bits are better. The downloading is good. My only real complaint is that you cannot minimize it, go check an email (for example), and come back to it. It will make you find the program again and then resume it. Hassle.
Great for travel
We are on the road a lot and this app makes it a breeze to stay up to date with our recordings. I haven’t used it for long, but so far it has been flawless. Couple it with the HopperGo and you can’t go wrong.