By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch the same TV you get at home on your iPhone or iPod touch. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notification about your favorite leagues and teams
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPhone and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers but do have an online DISH account - can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.5.24
- New Home screen makes it easier to find content to watch quickly
- Catch all the football action this season, live or recorded on your iPhone
- Support for Guide & Sports screens for all DISH subscribers (including receivers that aren’t Sling-enabled)
- DVR categories and On Demand screens load faster
- Bug fixes
TOTAL WASTE OF MONEY
I wish I would have known about the problems with this app and service prior to purchasing it. This is one of the worst streaming apps I know of. It hasn't improved in the past year I have been using it. It has to load every five seconds. It continuously buffers and I have not been able to watch one single recorded show without it having to buffer every few seconds. I have done everything with my Internet connection from running cords straight from the modem to the TV, to buying an expensive top of the market modem, but nothing seems to work. So I know it is the app and not my connection.
Dish needs to figure this out and make it work or I am not going to continue my service with this provider. Too many streaming options out there and other providers to be wasting time and money on a provider that isn't keeping up with simple demands. I just don't understand why you can't figure out how to stream a single episode at 3100kbps without the app having to buffer.
We live in an App world...come on Dish
Dish really needs to step up and fix this app! Impossible to steam any video, even on the fastest wifi connection. When you can get the remote function to work, it works great, key phrase is getting it to load. It takes a opening and closing the app a couple times. Remote access to recording feature is great, but kind of expected on such an app. Not really an option to have or not. The biggest problem is the lack of ability to stream video, again another expected feature for such an app. Why did Dish even release the app until they fixed that bug. I have been a customer for a year now, and still no fix or even a mention of a fix to come? This issue along with losing channels from time to time, isn't good for customer retention. Come on Dish, step up, get with the times, and fix these "must have" issues with your app.
This app has yet to function properly for me even once. Searching for the program that you would like to watch is a chore and when you are able to find the program and attempt to view it, you either get a blank screen and possibly some audio or you will get audio from one of your previous searches for a short period of time and then the whole thing crashes. Based on the numerous other reviews identifying similar problems and the length of time to which they go back, one would think that DISH would be well aware of the issues. You would think that they would then investigate root causes and attempt to improve the app. It appears that they are not improving the app, which leads to one conclusion: DISH doesn't care about this app or their customers' satisfaction.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Sep 01, 2015
- Version: 6.5.24
- Size: 71.8 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DISH Network LLC
- © 2015 Sling Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.