By DISH Network LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Take your TV with you. With the DISH Anywhere app, you can watch the same TV you get at home on your iPhone or iPod touch. Enjoy your favorite live or recorded programs anytime, anywhere. Also, manage your home television with a full-featured DVR manager and a searchable program guide. This is a must-have app for DISH Subscribers.
Watch Live TV*
-Take your TV with you and enjoy watching all of your favorite sports, news, TV shows, and movies from your Hopper with Sling or 922 Slingloaded™ DVR. You can also watch TV from your Hopper, 722, or 722k DVR with the Sling® Adapter accessory.
-Integrated user interface makes it fast and easy to find the shows and movies you want to watch.
Schedule DVR Recordings
- Schedule DVR recordings from anywhere.
- One-touch recording- simply choose to record one event, all events, or only new events.
Browse and Search the Program Guide & your DVR
- Search the program guide up to 7 days in advance.
- Search for shows by title, genre, network, keyword, or actor.
- View graphics and posters of your favorite shows and movies.
Manage your DVR Library**
- Set recording priorities.
- Manage recording conflicts.
- Delete shows you’ve already watched.
- View and adjust your recording schedule.
Follow your favorite teams with the Sports section**
- See up to the minute updated scores and game info for NFL, NBA, MLB, NHL, NCAAB, NCAAF
- Find the best games to watch by following the Excitement rating of each game.
- Set up and get score notification about your favorite leagues and teams
Transfer your DVR recordings***
- Users that have a Hopper with built-in Sling technology can now Transfer DVR recordings to their iPhone and watch them offline.
- You can enjoy your favorite shows on an airplane, while commuting, or to keep your kids entertained during a long road trip. Simply transfer your DVR recordings and you’ll always have entertainment at your fingertips!
DISH Anywhere requires an online DISH account and one of the following DISH Network receiver models: 512, 522, 625, 612, 622, 722, 722k, 922, Hopper, Hopper with Sling.
(DISH Anywhere users that do not own one of the above supported receivers but do have an online DISH account - can still use the On Demand feature of the app)
Please note: This app features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to market research, like Nielsen’s TV Ratings. Please see www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information.
*Requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling/ ViP™ 922 Slingloaded™ DVR, or a Hopper, ViP™ 722, or ViP 722k DVR with Sling Adapter accessory.
**Requires high-speed Internet connection to one of the following receiver models: Hopper with Sling, Hopper, ViP922, ViP722k, ViP722, ViP622, ViP612
***Transfer functionality requires high-speed Internet connection to a Hopper with Sling DVR. Hopper with a Sling Adapter is not supported. Your mobile device must be connected to the same home network as the Hopper with Sling to transfer a recording and you must maintain an active DISH account to view transferred recordings. Select recordings are not available to transfer.
What's New in Version 6.5.16
- Use your iPhone to control any TV in your house with added support for your Joeys
- Know where your service technician is with the "Where's My Tech" feature
- More content to watch with the addition of Disney and Showtime On Demand content
Doesn't see my Sling Solo anymore
Update: Dish has significantly updated this app to the point where I can almost use it to watch shows now. I say 'almost' because I, like others, watch shows offline to save on data charges. Now Dish has thus annoying blue stripe across the bottom of the screen to tell you it has 'limited network' functionality. That's great, thanks for telling me, but the stripe doesn't go away!
Dish, if you give us the ability to watch shows offline you have to expect that someone will actually use it! Tell us the network is limited then get the heck out of my way! You could've had a 5-star app if it wasn't for this.
After updating this app to v3.0.2 it no longer sees my Sling Solo. I was using this app fine a few days ago. Now it doesn't 'act' the same as the previous version in regard to already having a Sling adapter.
You used to be able to tap on your receiver name and do the Sling setup. Now that option is gone. That was th emain reason I had this app! It's almost useless to me now.
Update: I've been told by Dish support that the ability to watch your Sling has been removed in the latest update. This was done so that people purchase the Sling app instead of using this free app. I'm trying to find a way to downgrade to the previous version.
I really like Dish
We've gone through Directv then Mediacom before getting Dish. I was really impressed when a storm blew through and Dish automatically reduced the Dpi so there wouldn't be any pixelation. I also like the Dish Anywhere app that allows me to watch one program on my iPhone or laptop while my wife watches something else on our TV.
Single handedly makes Dish worth it!
This app revolutionizes television! I love being able to watch anything anywhere. No other television provider comes close. Plus I can transfer my recordings to my device. It has made countless situations such as flights & road trips better! This is the best technology in the entire television industry.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jul 06, 2015
- Version: 6.5.16
- Size: 69.6 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DISH Network LLC
- © 2013 Sling Media
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.