Disk Cartography scans and analyzes your disks and folders for real space hogs. It's more than just a disk cleaning tool - Disk Cartography is a professional Mac data mapping app built with elegant simplicity.
Disk Cartography is a powerful disk explorer that adds much-needed folder structure visualization to the familiar tree-like representation of your data. It's just a matter of time before your hard drive or cloud storage folder gets close to its capacity. Disk Cartography quickly builds a visual data map to show you which apps, movies, photo collections, and music archives are taking up your precious disk space.
* Quickly build visual maps of disk, folder and sub-folder sizes
* Maps any type of disk (hard drive, memory card, USB flash drive, etc.) that you can view on your Mac
* 3 display modes: by Disk Space, Percent or File Count
* Color-coded folder names help to quickly identify the largest folders
* Visualize the contents of a single folder or an entire drive
* Real-time scanning results
* Automatic and manual filters to sort by file/folder type, size, or name
* Easy file and folder removal
* Save and load last scanning session
* Extremely high scanning speed
* Scan network drives
Helpful usage scenarios:
* Easily visualize and clean your Dropbox or Google Drive folder to save on storage fees
* See available network drives and map their contents to identify useless data
* Search for duplicate files
* Recover your valuable disk space fast when you need it
* Keep your hard drive healthy by maintaining a minimum of 20% free space
+ customize file clean-up method - move to Trash or another location (or delete permanently)
+ exact file location shown in hints on hover
+ show file modification dates and sort by them (Top bar -> Window menu)
+ hide "Filtered objects" to improve cross-folder removal of files by type
* greatly improved scanning speed
* improved selection when viewing scanning results by file type
* multiple improvements in scanning results filters
* improved clean-up of mounted network folders
* improved verification of the destination drives when the removal method is customized to move files to another location
* improved behavior of "Show in Finder"
* proper handling of Trash folders
- fixed: incorrect total size of filtered files
- other minor fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Simple and effective
Simple user interface that breaks folders, subfolders and files down by size. Easily pinpoints which folders and subfolders are taking up the most space. The software is able to delete folders of your choice straight from the user interface. Not sure how good of a job it does in removing every single trace file, but will get rid of most of it (haven’t tested). Great for identifying old applications, caches, or folders of videos that you no longer need to keep on your drive. No bloatware. Works great!
Success! Quickly uncovered the hidden file that was my problem.
Worked great, easy to use. I installed several others and "Disk Cartography” was the only app that delivered! It quickly uncovered the hidden file that was my problem. Highly recommended.
The design of the app is simple, which brings an “easy to use” experience for users. And it works perfectly with its job - wipe out what I don’t need. Ussually when I delete an app, it leaves some file that take up my disk space. But with this app I was able to clear the whole thing, and trace until the last file.
The best thing besides working way better than other free apps is that Disk Cartography does not have ads.
Feel really worth the money I spent.
- Justin Johnson
- 1.9 MB
- OS X 10.8.5 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Polish, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2017 508 Software, LLC
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.