Disk Xray is a disk usage statistics viewer, duplicate files and folders finder and cleanup tool for macOS.
Disk Xray performs three fundamental functions - and it performs them well offering maximum security to restore all files in case you remove something accidentally.
Why choose Disk Xray:
• Quick and efficient folder scanner finds duplicates much quicker than competition
• Displays scan results in a clean, elegant and easy to understand way
• Finds folder duplicates
• Essential search options easy accessible from the main window
• Find results divided by file type (music, movies, pictures, etc)
• Three in one application for everything you need to maintain your disk drives
1. Folder scanner is a visual disk/folder analyser that enables you to spot large files and folders on your disk - be it an entire hard disk or a subfolder, and provide a sorted breakdown of just where your disk space is being used. At a glance you can identify which folders are the space hogs and just what is in them by successively drilling down.
2. Duplicate Files Detector frees up disk space by finding and deleting duplicate files and folders, giving you a chance to recover gigabytes of your disk space. This scan can reveal just how many copies of the same document, photo or other type of file you have saved, scattered through your disk. All duplicate files are checked byte-by-byte to give you 100% guarantee they are exact copies.
3. Disk Cleaner speeds up your computer and by finding and removing temporary files on your computer. This includes the obvious choices of the Trash and Downloads folder, as well as locations you may not otherwise think to purge or even know where to find such as application logs, web browser caches and cookies, application caches and an ever-growing list of email attachments stored locally but never cleaned. It can also be set to find all large files on your disk. Decide how old the files you want to remove are, from one week to one month or one year.
Disk Cleaner and Duplicates Finder allows you to restore all files in case you remove something accidentally. You can move items to the Trash from within the app, with a menu option giving the safeguard of undoing this action if you make a mistake.
Compatibility with the newest macOS
Ratings and Reviews
My Imac freezes every time I use it.
Have to force quit, etc.
Developer Response ,
Dear user, Please contact our support to explain the problem. We will investigate the problem.
Not ready for prime time
Sure, it’s only $10, but that’s a couple of burgers and fries. Also, the burgers and fries don’t claim to do something they don’t.
The first time I tried to search for duplicates on a 3TB external disk, DiskXRay chocked about 5% through the drive. Apple’s Force Quit Applications showed that DiskXRay was “paused,” though how I paused it is a mystery. And if I paused it, why can’t I un-pause it? I couldn’t. I had to force quit.
I made sure the 3TB disk was OK (disk utility) and ran OnyX, then restarted. Threw all the plsts away, too, just to make sure. Tried DiskXRay again.
The program is slow and if you click anywhere it doesn’t like, such as a scroll bar, you get the SBOD (Spinning Beach Ball of Doom). Sometimes it’s doing this in lieu of giving you a status, or maybe this IS the status. Sometimes the SBOD stops. Sometimes it doesn’t. Oops, it’s hung again. Or has it? After a while, I realize that it just takes forever to think things through and may be just “pausing” for a few minutes. Nope, this time it seems to have really just hung again requiring yet another forced quit.
Aside from it being slow and buggy, it lacks some features one would expect, like a “don’t show this again” button so you don’t have to reassure it you really do want to trash yet another group of files.
As a beta, it’s promising. As a product to pay for, no. Was running this on an iMac under 10.9.5
Developer Response ,
Dear user, Please contact our support to explain the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.