DiskCatalogMaker is a simple disk management tool which catalogs disks and folders.
- Simple, smart and fast.
- Super fast search algorithm.
- Optimized cataloging engine for multi-core/multiprocessor systems.
- Trusted catalog database format for scalability and storage of huge data.
- Compressing catalog data for disk space.
- macOS Mojave Dark Mode support.
- CD-TEXT format support.
- Cataloging a folder on a network volume.
- Long unicode name and Asian languages support.
The standard edition of DiskCatalogMaker offers more features:
- Importing thumbnail images of various file formats.
- Importing file lists from Zip, StuffIt, 7-Zip, RAR, tar, gzip, bzip2, CompactPro and LHA archives.
- A few minor updates to make this app better.
- Changed the scan completion message using the macOS Notification Center (macOS 10.8 or later).
- Fixed a coloring bug when printing on macOS Mojave Dark Mode.
Ratings and Reviews
Does what it promises and does it beautifully
I've been using this for a few years to catalog a bunch of hard drives with various media on them. I don't keep most of them connected unless I need to access one, and this program makes finding what I'm looking for a simple task rather than a headache. Search is fast, scanning (and rescanning) disks is fast, and it's really stable. I was happy with version 5 for a long time, but for $2 I'll glady upgrade.
Disk Catalog Maker LE
I used DCMLE to cqtalog my classical music collection of over 300 CD’s. I often wish to edit the catalogued title to reflect the composer or develop a category like W / for World Music. THis is allowed and easy. What I really like is the SEARCH ability which includes every word on every title, every track, and every version of my database. I can find anything I want to locate. For example “Polish” will find the title Tchaikovsky / Symphony #3 [Disk 3] and tracks 1 thru 6. This is really powerful. How about “On the Road” which finds 3 discs containing Willie Nelson songs and which track numbers.
There are some functional flaws but I am experiencing very good cooperation with the developers. I find this refreshing!
Is it worth the price? YES, DEFINITELY IF YOU HAVE A LARGE CATALOGING JOB TO DO.
Everything with Apple is constantly growing, improving, changing. Get on board and enjoy the ride!
Why all the frequent “updates”?
DiskCatalogMaker is a neat little app that does what it promises. Why then does it need to be “updated” every week? It hardly seems necessary. Which raises the question: what is going on here? Spyware?? Government?? Just wondering.
- katsuya fujiwara
- 5 MB
OS X 10.8 or later, 64-bit processor
English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Spanish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fujiwara Software
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.