By Conquering Bytes
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
"This game is a riot. [...] If you pick this game up, you will have a hard time putting it down."
App Spy: 4/5
"Diskobolos is an arcade title that offers a great sanctuary for those who love big combo multipliers and watching the numbers go up the longer they play."
148 Apps: 4/5
"Challenging and addictive"
App of the Week 8/22/12
The Indie Game Magazine: 80%
"Diskobolos is a solid arcade title founded on nostalgia and packed with fast paced action [...]"
Diskobolos is a skill-based arcade game that sends players on a hunt for the high score. In order to succeed, players must shoot disks at increasingly faster bionic insects. Let disks bounce off the wall, use game changing items, and black holes to boost your score multiplier. Diskobolos’ tough gameplay demands fast reflexes and tactical actions to become number 1.
Master 50 challenging missions to unlock perks like an aim assistant or an extra life. Start the high score hunt and challenge players all over the world to lead “THE List” and become the “Diskobolos champion”.
- Arcade: Go on the hunt for the high score and challenge players from all over the world. Only one can be on THE list’s top spot.
- Depth: Skill is everything. Only players who figure out the complex high score system behind the gameplay, can max-out their score multiplier.
- Content: 50 challenging missions require players to change their play style again and again in order to unlock all extras and achievements.
- Variety: Use different items like the Power Disk, Slow Motion, or the screen clearing Interrupt to handle risky situations.
- Individuality: Use up to four different perks like an aim assistant or a lifesaving Firewall to fit your individual play style.
Diskobolos is optimized for iPhone 4 and later (iOS 5.0 or later), iPod Touch 4th generation (iOS 5.0 or later), all iPads (iOS 5.0 or later).
What's New in Version 1.1.0
- new (crazy) voice acting
- performance improvements
- various bugfixes
Great TRON vibe
Awesome little arcadey game for passing time or just getting a little burst of fun. Definitely inspired by TRON, but when has that ever been a bad thing? Love the retro electronic music in the background and the synthetic voice is stellar! Lovin' it.