** We regret to inform you that Disney Story Central is sunsetting. The app will no longer be available for download following 01/31/2019 and no longer a supported application after 02/28/2019. Please visit: https://disneystorycentral.com/help-and-guest-services.html for further information. **
Disney Story Central is a digital library filled with hundreds of reading adventures, instantly connecting your child to beloved Disney and Disney and Pixar characters. Enjoy reading adventures together as a family, or allow your child to independently discover stories they will love.
You can link all your devices by registering/logging in with your Disney ID.
• The largest library of Disney and Disney*Pixar books in one app!
• Unlimited access to hundreds of books, featuring favorite characters
• FREE books just for downloading, with additional books available for purchase
• NEWLY RELEASED books
• Disney comics and graphic novels (subscription only)
• Reading rewards, including stars and trophies, to track your child’s reading progress
• Access to purchased content and reading rewards across devices through your Disney account
POPULAR DISNEY CHARACTERS FEATURED:
Disney Junior (Sofia the First, Doc McStuffins, Captain Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse)
Walt Disney Animation Studios (Moana, Frozen, Tangled, Wreck-It Ralph)
Disney*Pixar (Cars, Monsters, Inc., Toy Story)
Other Disney favorites (Mickey Mouse, Disney Princess, Winnie the Pooh)
HOW IT WORKS
Disney Story Central is available via iPad, iPhone, and tablet-optimized website at www.disneystorycentral.com. Begin your storytelling journey by signing up through the app or on the website.
HOW SUBSCRIPTION SERVICE WORKS
• Subscribe to unlock an unlimited reading experience: 1 Month for $7.99
• Subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renewal is canceled at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. You may turn off auto-renewal at any time from your iTunes account settings.
• 1-Month subscribers will have a 7-day free trial and any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited after purchasing a subscription plan.
• Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase.
• Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Comics and graphic novels are only available to subscribers and in select regions
Before you download this experience, please consider that this app contains in-app purchases that cost real money, as well as advertising for the Walt Disney Family of Companies.
If you’re experiencing difficulties with audio, please check the audio settings on your device to see if your device is muted. If you're experiencing any issues reading your books, please visit the “Book Issues” section in “Help & Guest Services.” For further assistance, please visit our customer care FAQ page here: https://disneystorycentral.com/help-and-guest-services.html OR contact customer care at 877-662-3769 or GuestServices@DisneyStoryCentral.com.
We regret to inform you that Disney Story Central is sunsetting and will soon no longer be a supported application after 02/28/2019. Following 01/31/2019, the app will be removed and no longer available for download.
Ratings and Reviews
Grandkids loved this app - we’d buy a book or two each time they visited, they’d read them when they came again. Now they have changed to a subscription format and that doesn’t work for occasional users. Worse, when I tried to use the remaining tokens to buy a few last books, the entire program reopened with NONE of the books we loved, none of the kids reading lists. Just an opportunity to pay monthly for the “service”. Even worse, repeated messages to their tech department yields nothing more than an automated response that they will respond within 72 hours, and two weeks later I still haven’t heard back.
The new format is bad, subscription doesn’t work when I have the kids only a day or two a month, and all the progress the kids made toward “reading” their favorite books was wiped out. Way to ruin a perfectly wonderful app!
Developer Response ,
Hi there, thanks so much for reaching out. Your feedback is important to us. We continue to update and improve Disney Story Central. For any other suggestions, feel free to contact our team at GuestServices@DisneyStoryCentral.com.
Awesome app- kids LOVE IT!
My 3 and 5 yr olds LOVE this app. They have no trouble navigating the books or pages. It is easy for them to use, and really easy for them to find a book because they are all organized by character. The books download fairly quickly (usually less than 1 minute). We’ve had this app for almost 8 weeks and I have seen the app close on its own during the middle of a book, but that is very rare (maybe 4 times in 2 months, and we use it almost every day)! Overall, it’s an amazing app and you can’t beat the price! $8/month for unlimited books!!! I would definitely recommend it!
The app doesn't even work anymore
Terrible app because it is broken and there is absolutely no support from the developers. I can't even open the app anymore. I have spent A LOT of money on this app by paying for a subscription for months. Yet when I try to access all of the downloads I had on my subscription, of course I can't access them, since the entire app is down. It will act like it is going to load then just shuts down. Wth is wrong with the app and the developers for not fixing the bugs? An app like this doesn't deserve my money or anyone's for that matter.
Just to try and help another person out, I've now realized that the majority of Disney apps I have downloaded have all eventually stopped working. The only exception may be tsum tsum. Support for the app totally disappears as well. Don't spend any money on any Disney app just to be safe.
- Disney Publishing Worldwide Applications
- 82.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2016 Disney Enterprises, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscriptions $7.99
- 8 Disney Book Tokens $8.99
- 1-Month Subscription $3.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.