Disney World Lines from TouringPlans.com
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
LINES will help you save time and money during your Walt Disney World trip. We created Lines to help figure out where to go and what to do during your Disney vacation. No other app – even Disney’s official app – gives you as much unbiased advice about the Disney parks.
LINES features include:
- Advice on which parks to visit and avoid for next 10 days.
- A CROWD CALENDAR showing you how busy each park will be over the next ten days.
- Customized step-by-step TOURING PLANS for each Disney park. You tell Lines which rides you want to see, and Lines will display a step-by-step itinerary showing when to see them to avoid long lines. Lines can even update your plan while you’re walking around the park! It’s like having a GPS for Disney World.
- When you’re in the park, Lines will display Disney’s currently posted wait time at every attraction and how long you’ll REALLY wait in line, based on our experience and that of thousands of families on the same ride. Only Lines gives you this “actual wait” estimate.
- Disney’s official app doesn’t show you the waits for many attractions or character greetings. Lines has wait times for more rides, shows and character greetings than even Disney’s own app.
- Only Lines will predict the wait times for the rest of the day. This is incredibly useful if you’re trying to plan your afternoon and evening, if you want to know whether to ride Splash Mountain now or after your nap. It's also useful if you're trying to find a less-crowded park to visit later in the day.
- Complete schedules for each park, including opening and closing times, parades, fireworks, shows and character greetings.
- Accurate MENUS and PRICES for every restaurant, kiosk, food stand and cart across all of WDW – more than 12,000 things to eat! Every menu is searchable – you can find every steak in Epcot or around Walt Disney World!
- LINES will show you exactly which things in each restaurant and store count as a snack in the Disney Dining Plan.
Our Disney trip planning tools have been featured in USA Today, the New York Times, FOX News and dozens of other newspapers, magazines, television and radio shows. Since 1986, we’ve helped more than 3 million families plan their Walt Disney World vacations.
Note: Some LINES features, such as the crowd calendar and wait times, require an in-app subscription purchase to access. Other LINES features, such as customized touring plans, menus and chat forums, are completely free. Your in-app subscription includes 365 days of access to TouringPlans.com, the Web’s most popular subscription-based site for Disney trip planning.
What's New in Version 1.6
* iPhone 5 Support
* Bug Fixes
I did 33 rides/shows in 1 day
I used this app & the associated website to plan a weekend getaway. Using the app and their website my group of 4 was able to experience 33 attractions in 1 day in August - which is the busy season. And I don't mean we were sprinting to the next thing either - just normal walking pace and stopping to take photos and see things. I only have the app 4 stars because the 1 thing I couldn't do in the app that I had to do on the website was be able to re-order the items in our plan, meaning that if you wanted to say move one ride in front of another to see the effect on the timetable, you had to login to the website from a PC (that feature is a drag/drop in the browser but didn't work on Safari on my iPhone or iPad. Otherwise - completely worth the $12 annual subscription. The best moment was when we used a perfectly timed fastpass to walk past hundreds of people to get straight on a ride while they were standing there sweating for an hour in line. This app told us which ride to get that for - it was awesome. The wait times the app showed when planning were all pretty spot on - when we got to lunch we checked the schedule and we were within 20 mins of the timetable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED...
This app was extremely helpful during our trip to Disney. It helped us see so much more of the parks without waiting in terribly long lines with our small children. I used it more than the Disney app. I love being able to add your fast pass selections to customize your plan even more. I also loved the optimize feature. The only downside with optimize feature is that if you do that it might cut out some of the attractions that you were planning on seeing and its a little tricky to add them back to your plan in the order you want it. It is almost to much information in the app which made it take a little while to figure out how to navigate thru the app. Definitely look at the app days or weeks before getting there so you can have time to make the most of all of the useful information provided. I would've saved even more time if I had done that. Also, there aren't any maps of the park. I wish the selected plans also had directions on getting to each place. But, Without a doubt I would use this again! It was a lifesaver and helped guide our day and well worth it!
Decent but frustrating
Just finished using this during 6 days at the parks. Wait times were accurate about 2/3 of the time, and when they weren't, they were no more than 10 min. off. To be fair, Disney's own app wasn't always accurate either. It was nice also having the statistically predicted wait times, although they're in big bold numbers, and Disney's posted times are in little tiny numbers beneath - shouldn't it be the other way round? The menu descriptions were more detailed than Disney's app, which was helpful.
However, the frustrating part is this app is REALLY slow loading data, either uploading or downloading. And that's when it's working. We had one morning when the only thing it would do was time out. So don't rely on accessing your touring plans from this app alone - print them out.
Interface could use some work too - you can tell the developers are statisticians, and not app designers. App at times has a problem remembering the sort method you selected and will revert to alphabetical. The Back button doesn't truly take you back - it takes you to where it thinks you were when you got to that page, which may or may not be correct. And then you have to scroll all the way down to where you were (since it's not truly Back).
All in all, a decent app, and after trying several others, this was one of two I relied on (the other being Disney's own). At least this app doesn't just make up times like some of those other apps do.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Travel
- Updated: Apr 28, 2013
- Version: 1.6
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Magnolia Consulting, Inc.
- © TouringPlans.com
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- One Year Subscription$12.99