Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Display Maid allows you to save and restore window locations based on your display configuration.
If you have a laptop that you use with one or more external displays, and you're tired of having to rearrange your windows every time you connect/disconnect your display, then Display Maid is for you.
With Display Maid you can:
• Arrange your windows the way you like then and then save the positions of those windows.
• Restore the last saved set of window positions with a single click, or keyboard shortcut.
• Windows can be saved/restored globally, or by individual app.
• Window layouts are owned by a specific display configuration. Save one set with a single display, save another with multiple, those layouts will only restore with the appropriate display configuration.
• Let Display Maid automatically restore window positions when a display is connected/disconnected.
What's New in Version 2.0
Display Maid has been redesigned to work better with OS X Yosemite and have a simpler, more streamlined user experience.
Perfect App, Great Support!
If you regularly plug into an external monitor, particularly with a laptop, Display Maid eliminates the chore of resizing and repositioning your windows - exactly as advertised. I know it seems silly, but this saves probaly 20 minutes a day for me.
While Display Maid 1.X was great, the FREE update to 2.0 has been a fantastic update. The program is much more responsive and fluid (not that it wasn’t plenty responsive before).
Lastly, I had a small edge case problem during the upgrade. I emailed support and got feedback extremely quickly, solving my problem. This is a developer that cares about its product. I THOROUGHLY endorse Display Maid and Funk-iSoft (the developer).