Distance and Area Measure
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Measure buildings, roads, parks, land, countries, lakes, etc from a satellite view. Calculates distances, areas, and perimeters.
Features that this application offers that most competitors do not:
- Add custom distance and area units.
- Draw interior polygons (like the icon)
- Draw interior polygons. For example, land area with bodies of water removed.
- Add a point to the middle of a path (Most only allow you to add to the end of the path) Tap to add to the end of a path. Long press to add to the middle of a path.
- Swap two points in a path or polygon.
- Add your current location from GPS receiver.
- 3 map layer options
- Export and import .kml files via Dropbox, iCloud, email, etc
- Many settings can be changed on the map without having to enter settings
- Pins are draggable
- Name, notes, and color fields for each path and polygon
- Email or text message path and polygon data
- 4 verbosity modes. See only the information that you want to see.
- Search by postal code, city, address, etc
4 drawing modes:
- Polygon with hollow spaces inside
- No edit mode (to prevent accidental edits)
Values displayed for paths:
- Total distance
- Incremental distance for each waypoint
Values displayed for polygons:
- Distance for each side
Add points to a path or polygon in 1 of 4 ways:
- Tap on the map
- Use your current location
- Enter coordinates manually (add point by another method and edit latitude and longitude)
- Import .kml file
Default distance units include:
- Nautical miles
Default area units include:
- Square metres
- Square feet
- Square yards
- Square kilometres
- Square miles
- Square nautical miles
- Degrees, minutes
- Degrees, minutes, seconds
Loading satellite maps requires an internet connection.
Please visit the support page for more information.
What's New in Version 1.16
September, 2017 update:
Removed the GPS requirement to make the app available for all iPads.
Added undo / redo.
More robust area calculation:
- Can now handle complex (self-intersecting) polygons.
- Can now handle polygons that contain a pole.
- Can now handle an infinite level of nested inner polygons. For example, you want to measure land area and remove lakes, but there are lakes with islands in them, and some islands have lakes on them. See the 'Utah example' on the help page.
Some layout changes for things that were just too small on a phone.
Better settings page.
More setting options:
- Hide status bar. Defaults to yes.
- Default name for new paths. Select none to use date and time.
- Default name for new polygons. Select none to use date and time.
- Allow map rotation. Defaults to no. Often when zooming the map, it will accidentally get rotated so that North is no longer up.
- Inner polygons must be within perimeter. Defaults to yes. Disable this to draw to polygons like the 'New Zealand' example.
Removed the 'add pins with finger swipe' function, since it didn't work very well.
Several bugs and memory leaks fixed.
Please visit the help page for more information.
Please report any problems or bugs to the developer via email.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Oct 08, 2017
- Version: 1.16
- Size: 5.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Kevin Willett
- © 2017 Kevin Willett
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.