Distilled is a content blocker for Safari designed by a former web browser engineer. It activates inside Safari to remove advertising, overlays, popups, tracking, and much more. You will notice a dramatic improvement in page loading time, battery usage, readability, and privacy.
Distilled will never accept money to whitelist ads, ever.
• Blocks an incredible amount of content
Backed by a refined and vast database, Distilled has just the right amount of blocking rules to hide unwanted content without burdening Safari.
• Hide online comments
Comment forms can often create a negative experience. Distilled lets you hide those on many popular websites.
• Exempt websites
Support your favorite sites and those who present tasteful advertising.
• Advanced customization for web developers
Block any CSS selector of your choice, and restrict it to a certain website if you wish. A special keyboard even provides common characters.
• Take control right from Safari
Distilled includes an action extension for Safari so you can manage settings right from your current website.
-- Reviews from real customers: --
"Bought Distilled as I saw it featured on TechCrunch. Looked a little into the dev and decided to support him in his cause to rescuing and caring for animals on his farm. I was surprised when I enabled his content blocker. It was really fast! Give it a try! You get to support a good cause and a good content blocker!"
"Blazing Fast. I've tested about 10 different iOS blockers. This is the best by far."
"Of all the content blockers I've tried, Distilled is hands down the most reliable. This is the only one so far that doesn't occasionally flake out and force me to reload pages that show up blank (knock on wood). Settings are simple, and the blocking is effective."
"Nice and Neat."
Distilled's database is continually updated to improve and evolve with the changing nature of the web.
This update continues to improve performance and fixes a few issues.
1.1 offered some great new features, including:
• Safari Action Extension to manage settings right from your current website
• Restrict CSS selectors to a specific website only
• A better keyboard for editing CSS selectors, with common characters handy
• Improved the hiding of blank spaces left behind where ads were placed
Ratings and Reviews
Yet Another Abandoned App!
Latest Updated Review:
At one time, Distilled was the best of the iOS Safari content blockers. Unfortunately, it no longer functions properly. Instead, Distilled appears to have joined the ranks of the many abandoned apps that clog the pages of the iOS App Store—it has not been updated in over eighteen months.
The latest version has resolved all of my aforementioned concerns with Distilled. Over the past five weeks I have tried seven different ad and content blockers. Distilled is by far the best!
While Distilled does a decent job of removing ads, it does not remove the ad spaces. The developer's website states that "Distilled includes an extension for Safari to manage settings right from your current website", but no such extension exists on my iPad. Hopefully these omissions will be addressed in a future update.
Lightweight and reliable
Most content blockers are incredibly similar, but I opted for this because of the developer's past rep and my support of apps who don't get as much press.
It's nicely designed and actually worked better at hiding and moving around page contents once ads are removed. No problems thus far.
Best content blocker
Works really well! Tried a few content blockers but ultimately went with this one because it makes safari so much faster and it doesn't accept money from advertisers to let certain ads through. Kudos to the developer.
- Sean Murphy
- 4.9 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X, iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4, iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular, 12.9-inch iPad Pro, 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad (5th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (5th generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro (2nd generation), 12.9-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular (2nd generation), 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, iPad (6th generation), iPad Wi-Fi + Cellular (6th generation), and iPod touch (6th generation).
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2015 Sean Murphy
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.