Learn about spirits before you ever spend a cent, so you know you’re making the right purchase.
Distiller has whiskey, agave, rum, brandy, gin and vodka.
With a panel of alcohol industry experts writing reviews, and a growing community of spirits fans sharing their own tastes, you’ll never have to guess which whiskey to buy, which mezcal to try, which rum would be good for your cocktail, what bottle of gin to pick up, or which brandy you should give as a gift.
- Thousands of expert reviews of all types of liquor, with new reviews added daily
- Scan barcodes on bottles to quickly get information about the spirit inside
- The Distiller flavor profile on every reviewed spirit shows you what tastes to expect
- Keep track of what you’ve tried by recording tastes with ratings, tasting notes, locations, and what you paid
- Get recommendations for what to try next
- Find information on everything from rare bottles to every day favorites
- Create your own custom lists of spirits, like playlists of what you love, or what you want to try next
- Easily search, sort, and filter through thousands of original reviews
- Discuss your favorite spirits with other Distiller users, and follow them to see what they’re saying
With thousands of reviews or whiskey, bourbon, scotch, rye, mezcal, tequila, rum, cachaça, brandy, cognac, pisco, gin, vodka, and everything in between, Distiller is the best app for liquor consumers!
"With expert ratings and thousands of data points, it's like a well-curated music feed, but for booze.” -- Gizmodo.com
"It’s like having one of those snooty liquor connoisseurs on call, in your pocket. Except no annoying mustache. " -- Yahoo! Tech
"It feels almost like a throwback startup. Booze Google." -- Business Insider
Say hi or get support at email@example.com!
- Fixed a bug that would crash the app if a user tried to register using an email or username that was already taken.
- Various smaller improvements and bug fixes.
Something broken? We'll fix it! Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Ratings and Reviews
Great app - best feature is the taste profile
I've been using this app for a couple of years and it has become indispensable in understanding the beverage offerings in many parts of the world I've travelled, from France, to Japan to most recently, Tasmania. One or two suggestions: it would be great if you could adapt your profile graphic to an interactive function and to be able to adjust sliders to draw a profile in 'search' - for instance, search for a more smokey and spicy, less sweet whiskey - and get results that align with the profile I am looking for - it would be an amazing function. Similarly, if I am looking at a review, to go beyond the three recommendations, to be able to request a list of results reflecting 'more smokey' or 'more rich' (pardon the grammar) would be fantastic. But really, great app with a fantastic database of bevs.
A Very Useful App
I made my own log on the spirts I either tried or bought. Then I came across this app and it had everything I needed to make a better log for my needs. I am not giving it a 5 star rating because I couldn’t find a scotch and a bourbon I’ve bought. I’ve tried again in a time frame and still haven’t found them. It hasn’t stopped me from continuing using this app. Maybe in time they will be in here. If you’re looking for something to keep a log and rating on what you want to use for a future reference, then I would strongly recommend this app. Enjoy your spirts you’re having, but don’t let them enjoy you.
A Bartender’s Friend
I’ve worked all kinds of bar settings, from divey college bars with holes in the floor and roaches in the kitchen, to pristine fine dining establishments with high end craft cocktails. Coming up with different, exciting cocktails has always been something I’ve been into, so having a good grasp on what certain spirits embody before coming up with new cocktail menus is super important.
Prior to this app, I’ve only ever seen one other that was truly helpful, but, I dare say, it was not as concise and focused as Distiller. My only qualm is that the price ranges aren’t very specific, but I know the cost of a lot of these bottles anyways, so it’s not that big of an inconvenience.
- Distiller Inc
- 80.8 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 11.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Frequent/Intense Alcohol, Tobacco, or Drug Use or References
- © 2013 Distiller Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.