Distiller – Your Personal Liquor Expert
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Learn about spirits before you ever spend a cent, so you know you’re making the right purchase.
With a panel of alcohol industry experts writing reviews, and a growing community of spirits fans sharing their own ratings and tasting notes, you’ll never have to guess which whiskey to buy, which mezcal to try, which rum would be good for your cocktail, or which brandy you should give as a gift.
- Thousands of expert reviews of all types of liquor, with new reviews added daily
- The Distiller flavor profile on every reviewed spirit shows you what tastes to expect
- Keep track of what you’ve tried by writing your own tasting notes and 5 star ratings
- Get recommendations for what to try next
- Find information on everything from rare bottles to every day staples
- Build your collection and wishlist to keep track of what you’ve tried, and what to try next
- Easily search, sort, and filter through thousands of original reviews
- Discuss your favorite spirits with other Distiller users, and follow them to see what they’re saying
- Share your tasting notes, recommendations, lists, and favorite spirits to your social networks
With thousands of reviews or whiskey, bourbon, scotch, rye, mezcal, tequila, rum, cachaça, brandy, cognac, pisco and everything in between, Distiller is the best app for liquor consumers!
"With expert ratings and thousands of data points, it's like a well-curated music feed, but for booze.” -- Gizmodo.com
"It’s like having one of those snooty liquor connoisseurs on call, in your pocket. Except no annoying mustache. " -- Yahoo! Tech
"It feels almost like a throwback startup. Booze Google." -- Business Insider
“Distiller is the best app on earth for liquor fans, and probably everyone else too.” -- Abraham Lincoln
OK that last one wasn’t real. Lincoln couldn’t be reached for comment so we made it up. The rest are 100% real though!
Say hi or get support at email@example.com!
What's New in Version 3.01
Meet the all new fully native Distiller app! So much is new, it’s hard to list it all:
- Totally re-designed navigation with Search, Lists, and Recommendations front and center
- Single feed of recently reviewed spirits with regularly updated themed spirits lists on Home screen
- Brand new spirit pages. Tap + to add to list, the Pencil to write a note, and the Book to read other tasting notes
- Tap any tasting note to comment, like or share easily
- Sort your search results by expert rating, average user rating, or recently added
- Sort and filter your own lists
- Local database of spirits means the app works even when you have no internet connection
- Sharing. So much sharing. Share spirits, tasting notes, recommendations, and lists all by hitting the share button!
- Easily switch spirit types by swiping right or tapping the spirit switcher icon in the top left
- Keep all of the spirit types separated, or see them all together in the new All Spirits section
- Deep linking! Links to new spirits in emails from Distiller will now fire up the app and take you where you need to go
Bug Fixes & Improvements in this release:
- Fixed bug that was causing some images to flicker when scrolling
- Fixed bug preventing some images from loading
- Fixed bug that was causing the app to crash occasionally when switching between spirit categories
- Speed improvements and stability updates
What a great App. I'm new to drinking bourbon/whiskey and find this app highly informative and user friendly. It's great that you can keep a list of all the ones you've tried and keep personal notes. You can also build a wish list so you don't forget what bourbons you want to try when you find them. They also review rum and tequila as well. This is a must have app.
Pretty and useful. But crashes a lot.
Nice to use when it's working, but frequently crashes, especially on the user review pages. I've also noticed the user avatars get mixed up on that page. Based on the random typeface selection on the FAQ page and the crashes, the app seems a bit WIP.
Also, a lot of product searches will come up empty because their database isn't super broad, so it's not (yet?) the end-all solution for this category.
Love this... But it started crashing
I absolutely love this app. However, recently, I can't open the app without it crashing. As soon as that fixes, it will be a solid five stars.