Distraction Dimmer • HazeOver
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Get rid of distractions and focus on your current task. HazeOver automatically highlights the front app window by dimming all background windows. ▸▸▸ Demo Video: HazeOver.com
• Spend less time managing windows. Window clutter will no longer bother you.
• Got a big screen? Then going full screen is not an option for you. HazeOver to the rescue!
• Multiple displays? HazeOver will let you know which screen is focused or highlight a window on each monitor.
• Working at night? Reduce brightness of OS X interface without sacrificing legibility or color accuracy of the front window.
• Dark menu bar and Dock mode will look soooo pleasing!
Heavy multi-tasking kills your concentration. All that tweets, emails, chat messages and lolcats staring back at you from the background. They strive for your attention. And you only have that much of it.
Don’t let yourself drown in scores of open windows. Hiding, switching, looking for the right one, more hiding, more switching. Calm down, breathe in, breathe out, launch HazeOver and finally concentrate on what’s you’ve been up to.
HazeOver automatically highlights an active window or app when you switch windows. The less important things gently fade away in the background, helping increase your productivity.
Set the hazing intensity and speed to your liking. Be it a soft dimming, an undemanding hint to focus on your workflow. Or a powerful dark background for outright dedication to your current task.
• Desktop is automatically revealed when focused (requires Accessibility)
• Toggle the shade with a keyboard shortcut or adjust intensity with a gesture.
• Dragging stuff between apps? Tap “fn” key and HazeOver will gracefully fade out.
Still unconvinced? Ask LifeHacker, CNET, MacWorld, Engadget and Product Hunt.
What's New in Version 1.7.4
Check out the new “Displays” Preferences tab. It makes it clear how HazeOver works with multiple displays.
This update is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra and fixes minor bugs.
I LOVE HazeOver!
I’m a mystery writer and will have a half dozen different programs running at one time, all of which I may use at one point or another. Distractions are a killer for me. They not only hurt productivity, but also can throw off creativity. HazeOver lets me keep all of those programs and apps open, but focus only on the one I’m using in the moment. I can easily ignore everything else because I’ve set the background to really dark. This is perfect for me and I can’t believe how well it works with apps like DevonThink and Yoink that hang out in the sidebars and allow me to drop information and files where I need them when I need to. My compliments to the developer! Job well done!
Who knew I needed this app?
The developer offers a free trial from their website. I tried it for a day, then bought it the next day. It has really improved my Mac experience! I have my shading set to be pretty subtle, but it is enough to focus my eyes on what is active (I work on two large, high-res monitors). Do yourself a favor, go get the trial app and give it a test spin. If you are like me, you’ll find yourself buying the app fairly soon after. Great job to the developer(s)!
Great for keyboard afficionados
Anyone who frequently uses hotkeys knows the feeling of accidentally activating a command in the wrong application because the focus wasn’t where you thought it was. This app eliminates that problem by making it clear what the active window is.
Performance is excellent in this version, no noticable lag at all. A well made software to be sure.
My only complaint is the silly animations in the preferences window. Reminds me of a fifth grader’s power point presentation….
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 09, 2016
- Version: 1.7.4
- Size: 8.6 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Seller: Maxim Ananov
- © 2007-2016 Maxim Ananov
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor