Classic turn based strategy for iOS is now FREE!!!
- Fog of war with three visibility states- unexplored, explored but out of view and visible
- recruit units by choosing from various armor levels and weapons and if the unit will be mounted or foot
- unit ratings include attack, armor, movement and to hit all of which can be increased as desired when the unit gains levels
- units have a hidden view range value determining visible tiles from their current location, driven by their movement range
- units are purchased with gold, reduce castle population slightly and require ongoing war material each turn
- Castle upgrades can be purchased with gold, which increases their max population as well as their defensive stats, visibility range and focus skills
- Castle focus allows you to customize your kingdom by having castles specialize in food, materials, gold or elite military units for increasing benefits as upgrade the castle
- Castles are the center of the economy, producing population, war material and gold as well as recruiting units and healing nearby friendly units
- Recruiting and healing do not occur if the castle is under siege by having an enemy unit adjacent, and the siege will reduce health of the castle
- Forest and hill terrains provide defensive advantages and increased movement cost, while water hexes provide defensive disadvantage
- Attacking from multiple sides increases the chance of an enemy retreat/ surrender
- Reward hexes which give one time rewards to those who find them
The land is in turmoil. Choose one of 4 characters (the Duke, the Prince, the Earl or the Baron) and try to conquer the kingdom. Playing against up to 4 unique computer opponents (including the non aligned Scoundrel) or humans via hot seat: your decisions will determine the fate of the kingdom. Battle across randomly generated hex maps, manage your economy, build and upgrade castles and recruit and level custom units to secure your divine right of kingship the old fashioned way- through force of arms!
Fixed display issues with 'Plus" phones which made the game unplayable. If you experience any new issues, please let me know at email@example.com.
Ratings and Reviews
Before I updated this was one of my favorite games. I played it regularly for several years. It is now unplayable. The pop up boxes that are used to control game play are half off the screen. I can no longer select all options or end a turn. 5 stars if it is changed to make it playable again, it was my most played game prior to updating.
Developer Response ,
Are you using a 'Plus" sized phone? I have just fixed an issue which caused serious display issues on these, and this should fix your issue if that is the phone you are using. Sorry about the problem, I am not sure how I missed it... If not, it is related to having Zoom enabled on your phone. Settings->Display & Brightness->View set to Standard (it often converts to Zoomed when you move to a new phone from a smaller one). This will resolve your issue.
Very good, but...
I like this game, and I can see it becoming a great game if you kept on with it. I have noticed a bug where when I go into a saved game after leaving my cities look like they are at the 1st level, and so is their sight range. Also, I notice that no matter what I set the starting gold amount to, it always ends up at 210. Fix this and I'll give this game 5 stars.
Getting the hang of it
I like the idea of this game and I feel that with enough support, this game can be turned into something big... Please keep working on this title. It has really good potential and I can see things being added like advanced economies, new units, diplomacy, or even advanced combat... 8/10 and it can be 10/10 if you keep working. Please don't abandon the project.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.