Divvy makes splitting the check as easy as snap, drag, and pay. Just snap a photo of the bill, drag each item to the person who ordered it, and see how much everyone owes.
"The coolest and most useful bill splitter I've ever used… This is the type of app that will make me wonder a year from now how I ever figured out a restaurant check with just a calculator." — Steve Cooper, Toque Magazine
Splitting restaurant checks is a hassle. Divvy makes it fun & easy by automatically reading the prices on your bill using state-of-the-art optical character recognition so you don't have to type them in. Add guests from Contacts, using cartoon icons, or snap a QuickPic of your friends across the table. Then, just drag each item on the check to the people who ordered them to easily calculate total & tip for individuals or groups. Divvy takes care of all the math, so you can finish the meal with dessert rather than homework.
• Drag people at your table into groups to total and pay together
• Adjust tip calculations, and choose whether or not to tip on tax
• Split up items people shared, even unequally
• Add guests from contacts, by grabbing a quick photo, or using cartoon icons
• Use Smart Rounding to round everyone's share to an even dollar
• Detailed breakdown of what everyone owes including pre-tip, tip, and total amounts. Easily see how much to put on your credit card and how much tip to write in later
• Optionally calculate tip including coupons like the ones from popular daily deal sites
• Tax is automatically split based on how much each person spent. Support for items like drinks that already have tax included
• Divvy gives you feedback when photographing and splitting your check for fast & accurate recognition
Divvy only works on printed restaurant checks and requires an iPhone 4 or above.
We couldn't be more excited about Divvy, and there's a lot more on the way! Watch a video of Divvy in action at: http://divvythatup.com/
Technical updates and bug fixes
Ratings and Reviews
Best OCR bill splitter out there!!
Update 2017: So glad to see an update for this app, I was worried it was abandoned! It's the best ocr app out there, I wish it got more attention it deserves. Much better than rival "Tab".
This app is perfect in so many ways!! Well thought out and easy to use. I wish more people would be on board using it!! This app definitely doesn't get the recognition it deserves!!
Just wish I could save receipts and email them out to recipients. Also allowing the group at the table to connect and help organize the bill would be awesome.
This App Is Trash
This app is trash. Do not waste your money. There is so much room for improvement. Just throw the whole app away and start over. 1) You're supposed to be able to take a picture of the receipt and it reads the amounts. It does not. Every amount is wrong & you have to basically re-type the whole receipt 2) You’re supposed to click & drag an item to each person, represented by a avatar, but you can’t give the people names. How am I supposed to remember which of my friends the “girl with pigtails” avatar represents? 3) The app should use my location to determine my tax rates on food and alcohol to split the tax or at least do the math to figure out how to split it.
Better to just do it by hand.
OCR recognition was poor especially in low light (aren't most restaurants low light?). Can only split check with about 20 people via icon or photo - can't use names or contact list, which is also annoying in low light situations (aka restaurants). The free Tab app has better OCR & is better for big groups. I thought this would have more features since it's been written up si much, but clearly that's all PR.
- Helix Interactive
- 15.7 MB
- Food & Drink
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, 9.7-inch iPad Pro, 9.7-inch iPad Pro Wi-Fi + Cellular, 10.5-inch iPad Pro, 10.5-inch iPad Pro Wi‑Fi + Cellular, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2011-2017 Helix Interactive
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.